Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 12:13:16 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News: The 3rd Annual  BULLPUP CONVENTION                                              27 - 28 September, 2014                               Rockcastle Shooting Center, Park City, KY                              Saturday Manufacturers Showcase and Live Shoot                                Sunday The Bullpup Challenge                              See you there!!                

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
Brownells . . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . . . . . . . FFL123.com . . . carhartt . . . K & M Arms
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  MSAR STG icon
| | | |-+  MSAR STG 556 Trigger lightning
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MSAR STG 556 Trigger lightning  (Read 3864 times)
srfnken

« on: June 10, 2011, 09:03:36 PM »

I have developed the lightest trigger pull for this MSAR STG 556 rifle.  You can visit my web site and buy them from there.  I am calling it the K&M Lightning trigger pull.  It is a direct replacement component that will greatly lighten the trigger pull.

http://www.kmaerospace.com/MSAR.html

* K&M Lightening (Small).JPG (65.67 KB, 640x480 - viewed 145 times.)
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 09:10:45 PM »

Have you measured it?  What's the "poundage"?

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
srfnken

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 12:54:09 AM »

The Lightning was developed from a stock trigger pull that averaged 9lb. 4oz over 10 pulls with a digital Lyman gauge. This trigger fix is the lightest on the market to date and does not modify any item on the firearm.

The lightning has 3 positions to choose from.  The top slot is the lightest at 4lb. 5oz.  The middle position is 5lb. 1oz and the lower slot is 6lb. 3oz.

One thing to note about the top position; It is so light that if you pull the trigger and keep it pulled back it will not rest during firing, but if you pull the trigger and release the trigger, it will reset with the slam of the bolt.  It only does it on this position, the other two positions work flawlessly.  This happens because there is so little tension on trigger pack that it needs a little jolt to retract it by itself.
Airacuda

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 11:40:52 PM »

Have you tried it on a AUG?
srfnken

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 05:36:47 PM »

I have not as I do not own one, but if yours in your AUG looks like it I would be willing to give you your money back if it does not work.  If it does not work I would be willing to develop one for you.  You would just need to send me your trigger pack so I could do it.
Ken
m03
New Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 01:58:05 AM »

I just received mine on Friday, and swapped the factory piece out within 5 minutes. I must say, even on the lowest hook/heaviest setting, it considerably improved the feel of the trigger vs. the factory setup.

I figure that I'll leave it set in that position for the purpose of reliability.
Gustav1814
New Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 12:30:14 AM »

Can this be used with the Nue-Trigger?
srfnken

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 08:59:02 AM »

Yes it can be.  But with mine you will not need the nue trigger. 
Gustav1814
New Posting Member

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 08:40:46 PM »

Thanks, I appreciate the info. Plan on getting an order in for this next week.
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 11:14:49 PM »

From Ken's YouTube page:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ACB2Rtm3Q1c?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ACB2Rtm3Q1c?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Bigdooger

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 08:47:18 PM »

Howdy;

I just purchased one of Ken's Trigger Lightning replacement parts for my MSAR STG-556.  All I can say is WOW!  It only took a few minutes to install.  I chose to use the middle setting, figuring that would be a good starting point.  I have no plans on trying either of the other two I am so satisfied.

The old factory trigger had been so much harder to pull than any of my other rifles, I had to practice more to make sure I didn't pull off target from the simple act of pulling the trigger.  Who knows?  Perhaps all that extra repetition and effort made me a better shot now that the new trigger is installed.

Just to show I am not biased or in denial I had a couple friends shoot it who never had before.  Usually one of the first comments I would get was how crappy the trigger pull had been.  Neither commented on it and when asked, JH said "Wow, I never even thought about it."  In my book, if you shoot several rounds out of a new rifle and have no thought of the trigger while you are doing it THAT is the mark of a good trigger. 
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 08:50:51 AM »

Welcome!  Good write-up!

GBeck
New Posting Member

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 04:38:26 PM »

To all on the topic of trigger upgrades/failures to reset - THANK YOU!!!  I recently bought a Gen3 MSAR STG from my local gun/pawn without any background on the weapon, mags or manual.  Today I took it out to the range to test fire the weapon and sure enough the trigger failed to reset yet the bolt cycled round after round without complaint.  I typically hold the trigger of gas operated rifles and reset after the round has left the barrel, so when it didn't reset I was stymied.  I switched weapons after I sighted in my scope (one round shot, spotter scoped, adjust, shoot, repeat).  Thankfully I have the Manticore Arms Switchback Charging Handle (http://www.ratworxusa.com/pagDetail.aspx?SKU=MA-6500) installed making the multiple charging easier. 

En route home I queried this forum and I found your forum.  At home I pulled the trigger group and viola!, your Lightning trigger had been installed by the previous owner with the lightest trigger pull set.  I changed to the 6 pound pull, and we're back in business.  I was wondering why people complained about trigger pull, because mine is great (because a little surprise was waiting inside my rifle - your trigger upgrade!)  Thanks again!

G Beck

* MA-6500.JPG (2055.2 KB, 3676x2156 - viewed 58 times.)
jeremyh172
New Posting Member

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2014, 05:59:39 PM »

I made an account just to say how great his customer service is. I had bought a used MSAR and some how he had broke it installing it. Didn't notice it until I was already home, my Uncle has a few MSAR and had Kens phone number. Called him up and he had me send him a pic of the broke part and 5 days later I had a brand new one in the mail! Great way to lighten up the trigger, works great and mine does cycle on the lowest setting!
lj35111874
New Posting Member

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2014, 12:49:03 AM »

Does anyone have one for sale? If so please contact me I'd like to try it. I just recently received my first MSAR 556 and I'm trying to find something to help out with the trigger pull?
Thank you
Please contact, larryborders35@gmail.com
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length