Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 11:50:14 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News: The 3rd Annual  BULLPUP CONVENTION                                              27 - 28 September, 2014                               Rockcastle Shooting Center, Park City, KY                              Saturday Manufacturers Showcase and Live Shoot                                Sunday The Bullpup Challenge                              See you there!!                

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
Brownells . . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . . . . . . . FFL123.com . . . carhartt . . . K & M Arms
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Ruger 1022 Bullpups (Moderator: Plinker)
| | |-+  Usaf 10/22 zip gun/sbr?
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Usaf 10/22 zip gun/sbr?  (Read 5498 times)
jakeneggs

« on: January 14, 2013, 10:20:20 PM »

Pretty awesome if you haven't seen it...

* image.jpg (183.73 KB, 1200x734 - viewed 438 times.)
jakeneggs

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 10:21:59 PM »

Sorry, it's a usfa, autocorrect changed it around for me... Evil

Pretty neat little handgun, allows you to attach to a stock, with your sbr tax stamp of course.
Gear Head
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 09:34:46 AM »

This looks interesting. Do you hold it with the palm of your hand or something?

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.
jeffco55

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 10:37:58 AM »

This looks interesting. Do you hold it with the palm of your hand or something?

The 25 round magazines double as the pistol grip
Ascinder

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 05:43:24 PM »

That is pure distilled awesome! I have one on backorder right now. Great find!!!
Gear Head
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 02:50:19 PM »

That is pure distilled awesome! I have one on backorder right now. Great find!!!

Where did you order?

Funderbunk

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 10:33:00 PM »

Where did you order?

I'll second that question. I've been jonesing for one of these for a little while now. In fact, I did a quick and dirty photoshop mockup of turning one of these into a bullpup in the Other Rimfire section here. Seems like having the original trigger in front of the magazine well would make life easier in terms of coming up with a trigger linkage.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 10:38:56 PM by Funderbunk » Logged
handel

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 10:36:02 PM »

i checked it out earlier n it said available through davidson's gallery of guns

i think there site is zipfactory.com
Funderbunk

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 10:39:47 PM »

Unfortunately, on Gallery of Guns it says they're "Allocated" and can't be ordered online.
Gear Head
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 11:45:30 AM »

Maybe Sgt_P can get us a hook up at SHOT!

You listening Sgt?

Ascinder

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 01:28:09 AM »

I called Davidsons and got a listing of local retail locations that deal with them. I had one of the retailers try and order one. They said it was listed as out of stock. I asked if they could backorder it through Davisons and they said they could. They took down my contact info and are going to cwll once its available. The Zip 22 site says something about them and SHOT show so I assume thats where their ineterests are tied up at the moment. I emailed them asking for a better idea on availability and I'll try calling on Monday or Tuesday once their hopefully back from the show. The thing that concerns me is that alledgedly this thing was released over a month ago, and so far I have yet to see or even hear of one in the wild......
Dust

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 08:41:21 PM »

These look interesting, but I wonder how they feel and shoot?
Ascinder

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 11:36:13 AM »

I imagine they feel similar to most subcompact pistols with little to hold onto. However the low recoil of a .22 probably means that controllability is not an issue. A 5-1/4" barrel is going to be very accurate. My brothers Browning buckmark pistol has a 5-1/2" barrel and it is spot on. The only thing I'm not quite sold on is the trigger. looking at some videos, the trigger pull looked kind of long to me. I also haven't seen anyone shooting this really fast wich is a concern.
savage1r

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 11:42:03 AM »

It'd be really attractive if they could have a 16" barrel exchange so no tax stamp would be needed.
Funderbunk

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 09:08:12 PM »

It'd be really attractive if they could have a 16" barrel exchange so no tax stamp would be needed.

According to their website, they are going to offer a threaded barrel that can be swapped outwithout much work. Making a 16 inch option shouldn't be impossible if they decided to do it. The only possible issue I might foresee is that the stock barrel and threaded option both look rather thinwall, kind of the opposite of a bull barrel.
Solscud007

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 04:48:23 PM »

This might inform some of you about it. I want one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx-eLtQpgHA
wbassett

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 11:55:04 AM »

Honestly...  other than being something interesting to use in a pup kit or airsoft shell (problem as stated being the barrel length though)... what is the purpose for this?  As a stand alone firearm it seems rather poorly designed, and... well, worthless as a pistol.
DesignGuy

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 12:05:54 PM »

Honestly...  other than being something interesting to use in a pup kit or airsoft shell (problem as stated being the barrel length though)... what is the purpose for this?  As a stand alone firearm it seems rather poorly designed, and... well, worthless as a pistol.

I have to agree with you, I was neutral until ShotShow. Now I can say, it's well built... But horrible feel, uncomfortable to hold, target equation is useless, it's impossible to find the sights and hold it remotely on target, and in SBR mode "why would I choose it over any other SBR (most of them are smaller, lighter, and bigger caliber)?  I'm also left handed so when I was holding it, I was told by the rep "oh you can't hold it like that because it will eject into your hand". I told him "but I'm left handed", and he says "Huh...".

By the way it's also gigantic in my hand, and I typically wear Large gloves.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 12:14:54 PM by DesignGuy » Logged

Anything I may choose to express on this forum, DOES NOT Represent or Reflect the thoughts, views, feelings or beliefs held by Red Jacket Firearms LLc.
wbassett

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 12:10:48 PM »

Also they probably should have picked a different name.  Zip guns usually stand for a homemade gun for gang use, i.e. a pipe gun.  At least that's what I'm used to it meaning.
Ascinder

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 06:04:02 PM »

I personslly love the idea of this gun. Its a high cap .22 pistol. Where have you evr seen one of those for sale that didnt have an impractical enormous barrel on it. With the right holster on it, you could comfortably set this down on  a table and no one would bat an eye because it doesnt have the telltale "handgun shape". Ergonomics are obviously not the selling point on this gun-you can easily tell just by looking at it. What effect do ergonomics really play on a .22 fun plinking type gun anyways? I hear it has a long trigger pull-so what? Since when was this thing supposed to go up against 1 lb.(or less) Crisp triggered target guns? Look at the cost!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length