Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 28, 2014, 09:10:53 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News: The 3rd Annual  BULLPUP CONVENTION                                              27 - 28 September, 2014                               Rockcastle Shooting Center, Park City, KY                              Saturday Manufacturers Showcase and Live Shoot                                Sunday The Bullpup Challenge                              See you there!!                

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
Brownells . . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . . . . . . . FFL123.com . . . carhartt . . . K & M Arms
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor
| | |-+  Size Comparisons of Tavor
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Size Comparisons of Tavor  (Read 3423 times)
TV-PressPass

Tavor TAR-21 Shooter

« on: January 07, 2013, 06:35:06 PM »

I would love to see some other people post size comparisons of their FS2000s or RFB's next to standard sized AR15s! Its not like a bullpup is a little bit smaller. Its way smaller.

I've got one simple comparison between the Tavor and an AR15. On the right we have an 18.5" barrel, and on the left we have a 16" barrel. But look at the overall difference between them!

Tonight I'll take a photo comparing the 15" CTAR to a 7.5" PDW  Grin
TV-PressPass

Tavor TAR-21 Shooter

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 11:33:51 AM »

Okay, so maybe just the 7.5" next to the 18.5" Tavor. Not a whole ton of difference there!

starscream

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 12:50:10 PM »

Excellent post! Thanks for sharing.
new2bullpups

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 02:00:12 PM »

Excellent post! Thanks for sharing.

+1

@ TVPP - Thanks very much for posting.  Do you think it would be possible to post the same comparison pics, but with the AR's and PDW's stocks collapsed?  Thanks, again!
TV-PressPass

Tavor TAR-21 Shooter

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 06:30:44 PM »

Yeah I took those! But the fricken AR barrel was too long and it wasn't in the photo. . . then I noticed my sock in the photo . . .

Anyway. More comparison photos are forthcoming. Need to see the CTAR comparison still too!
limamike55

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 06:51:13 PM »

Thanks for posting this.
limamike55

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 06:53:38 PM »

By the way the two tone light and dark Tavor looks great. Did you buy a light Tavor and a Black tavor and switch parts?
new2bullpups

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 08:05:10 PM »

Yeah I took those! But the fricken AR barrel was too long and it wasn't in the photo. . . then I noticed my sock in the photo . . .

Anyway. More comparison photos are forthcoming. Need to see the CTAR comparison still too!

Ah, roger that. Nothing wrong with a sock in the photo. Just as long as it wasn't previously used for... erhm... uhh... extracurricular activities.  Grin

Also, when you're at Shot Show, would you mind stopping by Eberlestock's booth? Been looking at the S34 Secret Weapon backpack, and I wanted to see if Eberlestock was going to release a new model before I purchased one for the Tavor to (discreetly) ride around in. In accordance with all local, state, and federal laws, that is!

Many thanks!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 01:11:38 AM by new2bullpups » Logged
TV-PressPass

Tavor TAR-21 Shooter

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 12:24:29 PM »

I love my Eberlestock. . . but, I've had problems  using it with my Tavor. The Tavor can be a very wide gun with optics on there, and the eberlestock sleeves are generally narrower and deeper than ideal.

I've screwed up the zero on my viper PST by spinning the turrets against the surface of the case while retrieving the rifle. Very frustrating.

Take a look at the collapsed picture!

TV-PressPass

Tavor TAR-21 Shooter

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 02:39:14 PM »

By the way the two tone light and dark Tavor looks great. Did you buy a light Tavor and a Black tavor and switch parts?

Actually I had the Tavor custom painted. It doesn't split into an upper and lower like the AR-15. Its easier to understand if you watch my disassembly video HERE.

For anyone who wanted a good idea of what the barrels look like inside:
MAGAV

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 04:48:34 PM »

What is the length of the short barrel in the Tavor and what is the overall length of the rifle with the short barrel.
NoShelter

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 09:44:03 PM »

The Molon Labe on the dust cover is awesome! is that a dust cover you bought, or did you have it painted custom?
Zohar368

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 09:25:37 PM »

Where did you have your Tavor custom painted? It looks SWEET! Do you have any tips on getting it painted? Like what parts, things you wish you had done before? Any knowledge would be great! Thanks
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length