Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2017, 11:01:08 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  Bullpup Unlimited
| | |-+  870 Bullpup installation instructions
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 870 Bullpup installation instructions  (Read 11085 times)
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« on: December 28, 2012, 11:43:10 AM »

YouTube:  Bullpup Unlimited Assembly Instructions
from j t hardin

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
shappy

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 05:03:52 PM »

It took me longer to get the slide nut off than to put the entire kit together. That thing was a b!tch! (especially without the property tool).
examiner

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 01:20:12 AM »

Help! 

My gun doesn't even have a slide nut that everyone is talking about.  It looks like my entire fore-end is different than the schematic shows.  (I have a brand new Remington express tactical 870). 

I thought that I just had to slide the grip off of the fore-end slide but only succeeded in ruining the fore-end on my 870. 

What in the world is going on?  Did they change the fore-ends on the 870 express tactical? 
Awiner

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 01:41:38 AM »

Help! 

My gun doesn't even have a slide nut that everyone is talking about.  It looks like my entire fore-end is different than the schematic shows.  (I have a brand new Remington express tactical 870). 

I thought that I just had to slide the grip off of the fore-end slide but only succeeded in ruining the fore-end on my 870. 

What in the world is going on?  Did they change the fore-ends on the 870 express tactical? 

Can you post a picture to show us?
miano248

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 10:24:35 PM »

hello all question I purchased the bu870 pullpup 2weeks ago went together flawless no issue put 250 rounds threw it mixture of slugs and target loads I just notice tonight when I got home and cleaning the pup rear part of the forend just behind the screws the forend has a half circle crack did anyone experience this problem I tried to contact the company via email and it says there email is not set up Huh?? has anybody spoken to someone in the company want make sure this isn't going to be an issue thnx all by the way this is one hell of a bullpup they did a nice job
bullpup45

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 12:27:03 AM »

Our email is working fine just send it to
bullpupunlimitedinfo@duo-county.com
Very sorry you had a problem, but we will take care if it
JJ
examiner

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 01:20:27 AM »

Help! 

Can you post a picture to show us?

Thank you for the reply!  We got it figured out.  Apparently we were blind to the ring inside the forend grip  Grin
miano248

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 09:49:34 AM »

ok thank you jj ill call you on Monday enjoy the weekend very nice job on the bullpup by the way not only does it feel comfortable its one hell of a conversation piece the guys @ the range ask a lot of questions about it here in new York long island keep up the great work   
KLonsdale
New Posting Member

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 10:12:10 PM »

hello all question I purchased the bu870 pullpup 2weeks ago went together flawless no issue put 250 rounds threw it mixture of slugs and target loads I just notice tonight when I got home and cleaning the pup rear part of the forend just behind the screws the forend has a half circle crack did anyone experience this problem I tried to contact the company via email and it says there email is not set up Huh?? has anybody spoken to someone in the company want make sure this isn't going to be an issue thnx all by the way this is one hell of a bullpup they did a nice job

I had the same problem. I emailed bullpup armory and 3 days later a replacement Forend was in my mailbox. Great product and great customer service. These guys rock.

miano248

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 09:53:02 PM »

I agree great customer service I spoke to JJ on the phone over the weekend and today I got the tracking no# for my replacement forend and new tube I got to tell you after speaking to owner went out to range and put another 300rds of no#8 shot and the pup performed flawless up to date and I mean in the 2weeks I've owned it I ran 550rds threw it and its been a blast my buddy just ordered his kit this week and his 870 came in today keep up the good work BPU I CANNOT say anything negative about this pup or BPU they have been great and very professional
Mr.Meric

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2014, 12:40:03 PM »

Hey, wanted to give everyone a heads up a little something JJ had to help me work through.  I have a Tactical Express and according to JJ the tolerances on those types of guns aren't the greatest.  IF you assemble your gun into the kit and do a dry test fire  and you cannot get the trigger to function you may need to do some filing with a dremel or your tool of choice.  For some reason some, not all, some Tactical Expresses when they sit down into the kit, the charging handle release level ever so slightly rubs into the top of the molding area by the kits detent ball.  Where it rubs, take a file and remove every so lightly the polymer in that area.  Better to take less and keep checking than to take too much.  Once the excess is removed and the lever clears the kits once seated properly in, you're trigger will function properly.  JJ's the man!  =)

(next time I field strip my BPU870 I will take a photo of what and where and how much removed and post)

... this information may keep you from turning a wrench or tool into a flying projectile  
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 12:41:54 PM by Mr.Meric » Logged

~Mr. Meric

"Life is short, you make choices and you don't look back...."
Matthewp
New Posting Member

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 05:48:01 PM »

I'm installing a Remington 870 Express Tactical with the 18.5" barrel that has a breacher choke extension and the rifle sight. For installation, I found that the user need only remove the top sight blade.  This was easily accomplished by tapping on the side of the sight blade with a screwdriver and hammer, where the sight blade fits into the ramp.  You DO NOT need to remove the entire sight ramp from the barrel.  It also does not damage the parts and is completely reversible.  I would be glad to take a photo after final installation to show the clearance between the "neutered" barrel sight ramp to show there is clearance if someone needs to see it.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length