Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2021, 01:40:10 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  All Other Bullpup Rifles
| | |-+  Pistol caliber bullpups
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Pistol caliber bullpups  (Read 561 times)
puppycupp
New Posting Member

« on: September 29, 2021, 09:19:40 PM »

I didn't see a pistol caliber bullpup section. So I started this thread. I currently own 3 pups. A KSG, RDB, and a High Tower conversion in .45acp.

So I'm wondering what's on the market for a pistol caliber bullpup?

I realize there is probably not much demand for one, with all the large frame pistols that are available. And I have CMMG Banshees in .22, 9mm, and 45acp. And I doubt there is a bulpup out there, that could out perform them. But I'm looking to find out.
lafrance
^

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 11:02:47 PM »

A semi-auto version of the Russian Bison is in the works, last I heard was probably 2nd quarter 2022.   60+round rotary mag. 
Chowwow

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 07:04:27 AM »

You are right, there really should be a separate section for bullpup PCCs, even when there are not that many out there. PCCs are a very popular firearm these days and I too am a bit confused by how little innovation there has been in this particular niche so far. If I had to guess, I bet it's because of US gun regulations that are stifling innovation in designing bullpup PCCs. All of the ones I know of (the Manticore Arms bullpup kit for the Scorpion Evo, the HTA bullpup kit, etc) are all 16" barrel, 26" long rifles, while other regular PCCs get away with 5.5 inch barrels with pistol braces. All the bullpup PCCs are limited to being long rifles because if they were shorter (in barrel or gun length), they would be classified as SBRs and would need an NFA tax stamp to be purchased (because the back of a PCC is always going to be considered a stock). Companies seem to be hesitant to sell SBRs and want to sell things that are less regulated, and if they have to make a long guns out of a bullpup, it's better to use that mass and barrel to fire a much more powerful round like 5.56 or .308 - thus the situation we have now.  I feel that pistol calibers really only need 7-10" barrels to be really effective, and I fantasize about brrrrting away the day with a handgun sized bullpup PCC. One of these days I'm going to either print one that someone online designed or design one of my own, but in the mean time I have other projects that need to be finished first.
Disgruntled Bpfcom User

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 03:50:35 PM »

CZ Scorpion Evo S3 bullpup conversion by Manticore Arms (see the other thread in the subforum)
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length