Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 12, 2021, 07:53:22 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  custom barrels/free float?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: custom barrels/free float?  (Read 164 times)
theaccountemail

« on: April 01, 2021, 03:28:28 AM »

there are some images floating around of an RDB with a super short barrel, only barely past the trigger guard. no hand guard of course. a custom shortened gas system along with it. have you guys seen it? i should've downloaded a picture, because i can't find it anywhere. i was curious if any of you know someone who's making custom barrels and gas systems for it.

also, is it even possible to freefloat the RDB? i know the top rail is attached to the gas tube, but just the handguard itself, can that be free floated? where exactly does the handguard contact the barrel?
davidm

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 06:10:52 AM »

Are you sure you weren't looking at the MDRX Micron? That sounds exactly like what you are describing.

https://deserttech.com/micron.php
odinforever2000

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 10:45:10 AM »

Freefloat the handguard (Not the barrel) might require a redesign...The Handguard itself on the RDB does not touch the barrel on any of the handguards for it since they attach to the front and rear "towers" that go around the barrel up to the Top rail
Butt.. Its also not gonna help much if your fishing for more accuracy.. I have and MDRX(Free floated handguard short stroke piston gun) and Both Keltec Bullpups..The MDR (depending on which caliber you go with) is as accurate (1.5moa in 308) or maybe slightly more accurate (like 0.25 moa at most in 556) depending on ammo choices.

There is a guy on the RDB & RFB Facebook page who has his own custom RDB(s).Its a passion project for him and he's trying to make his capable of shooting 350 legend. However, He has not shown a video of it firing (it hand cycles tho) and its fallen on his back burner for the moment.

* Custom RDB S Matthew W.jpg (845.98 KB, 2048x2048 - viewed 27 times.)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 11:11:26 AM by odinforever2000 » Logged

May God stand between you and harm......in all the empty places you must walk -Ancient egyptian blessing
theaccountemail

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 05:28:41 PM »

Freefloat the handguard (Not the barrel) might require a redesign...The Handguard itself on the RDB does not touch the barrel on any of the handguards for it since they attach to the front and rear "towers" that go around the barrel up to the Top rail
Butt.. Its also not gonna help much if your fishing for more accuracy.. I have and MDRX(Free floated handguard short stroke piston gun) and Both Keltec Bullpups..The MDR (depending on which caliber you go with) is as accurate (1.5moa in 308) or maybe slightly more accurate (like 0.25 moa at most in 556) depending on ammo choices.

There is a guy on the RDB & RFB Facebook page who has his own custom RDB(s).Its a passion project for him and he's trying to make his capable of shooting 350 legend. However, He has not shown a video of it firing (it hand cycles tho) and its fallen on his back burner for the moment.
yeah this is what i saw pics of. that's too bad, guess i'll just get the MDR then.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length