Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 04, 2021, 09:57:43 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Steyr AUG AUG icon
| | | |-+  New Steyr AUG A3M1 owner
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Steyr AUG A3M1 owner  (Read 162 times)
Matt_D
New Posting Member

« on: February 20, 2021, 07:55:23 AM »

Hello from the Keys

Mr.Tucker

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 08:44:52 AM »

Howdy. Congrats on the new A3 M1. Would you be interested in contributing some measurements of your receiver to a project?
Matt_D
New Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 11:57:20 AM »

Of course I can provide some measurements

What are you looking for?

Are you working on a system upgrade / redesign?
Mr.Tucker

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 05:59:41 AM »

I am indeed. I'll post some pictures here shortly to show what I need. In the meantime, here's the concept of what is entirely feasible to create. I saw your other post asking for upgrade options, so this may be something you'd like to look at.

It's a two part design, one is the top rail, the other is the handguard. To protect the idea, I'll leave it at that, but the wow factor of the build and aesthetics are very pleasing. I'm happy to show you though through PM/email.

The Dimensions I'll need for the A3 M1 is the portion of the receiver to which the Top Rail will mount, the exact geometry of the "hump" on the nose of the receiver. All so the top rail can tightly blend over and cover the hump.

Attached are pictures of the dimensions, Named after W (width) L (Length), H (Height), R (Radius), A (Angle). If you find or think of more dimensions to add, or have questions of where to hold on the part for measuring, let me know. The measurements will inform a 3D printed part, which I'll send to you by mail once the model is complete to do a fitment test on your receiver, at which point, we'll capture any corrections.

If you'd like pictures of the CAD mockup of the entire rail setup, PM me with an email and I'll send some over. Trying to keep this one off the open web.

* AUG A3 M1 Stripped Dimensions.jpg (76.75 KB, 612x352 - viewed 17 times.)

* AUG A3 M1 Nose.jpg (77.96 KB, 900x900 - viewed 18 times.)

* AUG A5 Shrunk.JPG (19.16 KB, 533x195 - viewed 15 times.)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 07:24:13 AM by Mr.Tucker » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length