Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 03, 2020, 02:30:13 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderators: kfeltenberger, Heathsrow)
| | |-+  I did an MDR "non-X-SE" conversion, ask me anything
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I did an MDR "non-X-SE" conversion, ask me anything  (Read 357 times)
Disgruntled Bpfcom User

« on: November 20, 2020, 11:54:37 PM »

My DIY tape switch mount is still a little kludgy, but whatever

Earlier this month, I was asking around about a new bolt guide pin because it seems like my old one's a perfect match for my original 2019 forward-eject bolt.  The new guide pin I got from a Desert Tech RMA worked to get my firing pin going on the MDRX-SE conversion kit.  Had to polish the channel just a tiny bit on that pin to clean up the machining marks, but otherwise good to go after test firing this week.

There's a noticeable difference to the action's behavior with the side-eject, and it'd be interesting to do a comparison of the steps down from FE .308 (which I don't have) to FE .223 to SE .223, in terms of muzzle climb and felt recoil.

After my short 3-stage competition tomorrow I'll see about removing the barrel assembly again and snapping pics of the very interesting new pencil profile with the new gas block.  If I can get my hands on an MDRX bolt carrier I'll be able to install the side spacer too, to fill in the gap between bolt carrier and port.

* IMG_20201120_201927_onFireAbhi.jpg (3723.57 KB, 2272x4032 - viewed 74 times.)
Disgruntled Bpfcom User

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 05:30:05 PM »

Here's that pic of the new barrel.  Big taper from the barrel adapter towards the backside of the gas block.  New adjustment knob works nice and is definitely easier to read in difficult conditions.  Might turn it from N down to 3 later.

The competition went great!  Shot another perfectly clean stage, and clearing a magazine mishap was a snap since I can easily inspect the action by canting the rifle over and looking through that nice wide window.

* IMG_20201121_202306_onFireAbhi.jpg (2399.46 KB, 4032x2272 - viewed 22 times.)
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length