Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 28, 2020, 04:11:09 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Steyr AUG AUG icon
| | | |-+  Guys. I need a mount.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Guys. I need a mount.  (Read 281 times)
SAA3M1B

« on: October 14, 2020, 08:08:40 AM »

Hey ladies & gents. Lucious & Luciferís, lovelies & losers.... alright Iíll stop. So itís a gorgeous day to over think s*** so why not discuss optic mounting solutions. Iím about to pick up a Vortex Optic. Probably a Viper PST Gen II or a Strike Eagle, nonetheless, I was thinking about getting a Griffin Armament Sprm Standard 1.42" 30mm Black Anodized 15 Moa SS2 cantilever mount or a QD Vortex cantilever mount. Any one use either of these mounts? Advice? Recommendations? Just trying to spark a good discussion. 

Thanks

-I
SAA3M1B

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 08:23:38 AM »

On a side note I was leaning towards the GA mount due to wanting to run a MRDS on the AUG regardless. mounting it to the Cantilever mount means Iíd have one less mount to buy and attach so food for thought.

Thanks

-I
housertl

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 10:02:21 AM »

Which rail do you have on your AUG?
lockon

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 09:06:59 PM »

I would recommend the Midwest Industries 30mm qd Mount. The vortex is a rebranded ADM which are good too. MIís qd latch is in my opinion better and if you have it canted forward the latches are in the side opposite the charging handle-so you donít bust your hand up. Seems most others are on the charging handle side. Also like LaRue, ADM, Warne, Bobro and a few others they do return to zero if you tend to swap optics around or relive optics for transport etc.

DSG arms has some packages of the optics you are looking at with the MI mount for discounted prices. I just donít know if they are in stock.

The previous reply asked what rail you have. That does make a difference in what you can do. I am assuming with my reply you have the long rail and itís on an M1.
SAA3M1B

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2020, 04:02:29 PM »

It is indeed an M1 w/ the extended rail.
housertl

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 06:48:16 PM »

The high and extended rails are both 0.82Ē above the top of the stock, IIRC. A standard 1.10Ē mount will put the optic at virtually the same height as the AUG optic height.

The best way is to shoulder your rifle, and have someone measure from the comb of the stock to your pupil, vertically. Subtract your rail height, and thatís the mount height you want.

You canít go wrong with MI or ADM, but if you want the best, Bobro is where itís at.
SAA3M1B

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2020, 10:42:03 AM »

Thanks guys I really appreciate all the info. You guys are champs. Iíll make a post w/ pics when all is said and done.

Best regards

-I
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length