Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 12, 2021, 07:26:58 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  IWI Tavor TS12
| | |-+  TS12 - Magazine Locking Lever
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: TS12 - Magazine Locking Lever  (Read 1193 times)
DCSmith

« on: September 02, 2020, 03:37:17 PM »

I just received mine today.  Operation seems quite logical.  However, I am having a problem with the "Magazine Locking Lever".

If pressed in the very center (unnatural during operation), the lever operates smoothly.  However, if pressed with the index finger on the intended paddle, the results are very inconsistent.  Sometimes it will move forward with resistance, other times it binds up as if it is locked.  The paddle appears to be torqueing the locking lever.  This appears to be a bad design and could be disastrous in a confrontational situation.

Anybody else have this problem?  If so, how did you remedy?
Rickm

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 04:47:38 PM »

I agree. I shot mine the first time last week, and it definitely was not a smooth operation. It was more difficult when loading. It seemed to work fine when shooting. At least that was my experience on my first time out.
DCSmith

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 04:53:04 PM »

I'm pretty sure I know where the problem is. It's either bad molding/trimming of the polymer in the trigger guard where the magazine locking lever enters the trigger guard or a too thin (thus bending) locking lever itself. When you press on the right outside of the locking lever paddle, the left side bends outward and then impinges on the slot in the trigger guard where the locking lever is supposed to enter.

I can't shoot mine - no sight!  The RMR sight I ordered is 3 - 4 months back ordered.
Spellfax

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 01:45:14 AM »

I had similar problems.
I even considered lubricating it.
I called IWI.  They said it will loosen up after you break it in.
They recommended 200-300 round break in.

After 50 shells I noticed it rotated better.

Now after 150 it rotates easily.

DCSmith

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 09:33:35 AM »

My issue is not with the rotating magazines, although it is stiff, it is the locking/unlocking lever you push with your index finger to allow the magazines to rotate.  IWW has offered to take the weapon back to see what the problem is.
Spellfax

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 03:34:42 PM »

Sorry I was not clear.

The paddle, the button that allows the locking mechanism to disengage was very hard to press.

However after shooting, the button became easier to press.

Hope that helps

DCSmith

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 03:55:06 PM »

This is what IWI said as well.

My new sight arrives Wednesday, so I'll be off to the range Thursday or Friday.
casey3309
New Posting Member

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2020, 04:47:15 PM »

just bought mine today. trying to cycle the mag is NOT good. the mag locking lever isn't working properly. feels like when i push with right index finger its catching on the molding where it's suppose to pass through the plastic? works if i keep trigger finger bent and move it with knuckle. lol hopefully it will loosen up.    UGH.
DCSmith

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2020, 04:57:48 PM »

As many folks have said, the magazine locking lever does loosen up with time.  Mine became easer after less than 20 rounds.
casey3309
New Posting Member

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2020, 10:59:22 PM »

hopefully it will cycle good after getting some down range
MarkB

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2021, 05:50:18 PM »

I wonder if the mag locking lever can be loosened by "dry firing" the lever multiple times.  Work the lever and rotate the mag tubes to simulate live operation.  I woi;d think tha doing this 50 or 60 times might loosen the operation of the lever.
MarkB

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2021, 04:46:22 PM »

I've picked up my TS12 and it is the best recoiling 12 ga I've fired.  My mag release had the same problem, only with the left hand finger and not the right hand finger.  I'm left handed so this was a problem.  I observed that the mag release button would move slightly to the right when I used my left hand trigger finger causing the rear of the paddle molding to hit the edge of the frame causing a catch that made it harder to use the mag release.  The movement would be to the left when using the right hand trigger finger.  I used a jeweler's file to file a small bevel on the end of the paddle molding (see photo) that was hitting the edge of the frame.  Now the mag release operates smoothly, without catching, and the force needed to operate the mag release is much lighter.  Check the operation of your mag release to see if this is your problem.

* 100_0674.JPG (2538.05 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 23 times.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 04:48:27 PM by MarkB » Logged
MarkB

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2021, 06:34:10 PM »

Just an additional note: There is no pin in the area I beveled so there is no chance of weakening the mag release button.  Just remove enough to smooth up the action.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length