Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 08, 2020, 03:51:11 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  Noob with some X95 questions
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Noob with some X95 questions  (Read 328 times)
jagerx9

« on: July 31, 2020, 04:33:57 PM »

Hey guys, I'm new here and new to shooting in general. I chose the X95 for my first rifle as its really the most compact 5.56/223 AR-type rifle you can get in Canada and still be nonrestricted. I'm just prepping it for fist use and had a few issues

1. On the recoil assembly, I can't seem to release the bolt guiding pin. I am pretty sure the issue is that the return spring assembly isn't back far enough, but I can't actually make it go any further back than it is. The plastic buffer won't budge.

2. Sights! Overlooked this I ordered my H1 micro. What is everyone running for spacers? Costs range wildly from insanely expensive removable risers to dirt cheap rail risers on amazon. Curious what gives me the best advantage in terms of maintaining the lower 1/3.

Thanks
edit; apologies for not dropping this in the X95 subforum
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 06:02:27 PM »

OK, I assume you're trying to remove the bolt, correct? If you are, here is the page right out of the manual to be sure we're using the same terminology. Plus they have good pictures.

Yes, the plastic buffer (1) must be fully to the rear. Then you have to move the Bolt Rotation Control Bar (3) to the rear as well. Note the measurement in the picture. It denotes how far part 3 must protrude beyond part 1. If you don't get it this far back the Bolt Guiding pin won't budge. It takes a little force to move the Bolt Rotation Control Bar past the detent, but not too much. Push on it a little harder. You won't bugger the assembly.

Others will have to chime in on the sights. I'm not concerned with co-witness. At the moment I have an ACOG. If it fails, I'll have to remove it regardless. It's unlikely to fail. Wink

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
jagerx9

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 06:11:36 PM »

Thanks though believe it or not, IWI replied to an email I sent them right away (emailing the manufacturer? What a concept!)

Basically my manual is totally wrong. There is a new method for doing this. Attached it.

Of course, I have no idea how to reassemble it--specifically the control rod. It stays stuck in the extended position. Fun.

* 300BLK - RECOIL MECHANISM.pdf (993.07 KB - downloaded 22 times.)
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 06:17:37 PM »

Maybe that's unique to the .300BLK?

Freedom isn't free.
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 06:20:34 PM »

To re-assemble you just have to put the bolt back in, bolt guiding pin back in place and then push the bolt rotation control bar back in. You may have to use the table method to get it past the detent.

Freedom isn't free.
jagerx9

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2020, 07:14:31 PM »

To re-assemble you just have to put the bolt back in, bolt guiding pin back in place and then push the bolt rotation control bar back in. You may have to use the table method to get it past the detent.
Thanks! This was all that's needed. Turns out the control bar is real tight at least new.

So news to me, the new 5.56/223 X95's are equipped with a 300BLK internals and a 5.56 piston. Real interesting--although now the manual is very confusing. The PDF they sent helped, they just left out the part where you basically use a syringe type hold on the buffer and force the bar back in.
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2020, 04:39:22 PM »

So, do you have a 5.56 or 300blk?

Freedom isn't free.
jagerx9

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2020, 05:45:21 PM »

5.56, but IWI is apparently shipping new units with more common parts to 300blk. Hence the outdated manual and the updated PPT.
QB Too

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2020, 06:27:45 PM »

Thanks though believe it or not, IWI replied to an email I sent them right away (emailing the manufacturer? What a concept!)

Basically my manual is totally wrong. There is a new method for doing this. Attached it.

Of course, I have no idea how to reassemble it--specifically the control rod. It stays stuck in the extended position. Fun.

My manuals are wrong too and it took me awhile to figure it out.  The above procedure is exactly correct, at least for my SARs/X95.  I had even watched youtube videos and the guys didn't seem to have to pull that rod #3 back .31", go figure.
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2020, 05:52:33 PM »

I wonder if there's been a change? My gun works exactly as the manual states it. I got mine in 2017.

Freedom isn't free.
jagerx9

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 06:46:14 PM »

Yes. IWI US confirmed the "new" models are all like this. The manual itself hasn't been updated. Looks like they changed the recoil assembly to have more in common with the 300blk. Cut down on conversion complexity?
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length