Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2021, 12:06:23 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderators: kfeltenberger, Heathsrow)
| | |-+  Tips, Observations, Tweaks
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tips, Observations, Tweaks  (Read 1615 times)
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: July 30, 2020, 01:14:12 PM »

A comment in the magazine catch thread got me to thinking that there should be a single document or location where the user developed observations, user tips, and tweaks are collected.  I'd be willing to create and host the document, then put a link to it in a pinned thread.  This could cover everything from preventative maintenance to where to lube the mag release or trigger bar, and everything in between.  Also, perhaps things from DT (or a rep) that users should pay attention to; I seem to recall a magazine release issue where someone bent a part and another list member advised against it. 

There's a lot of experience, and I think this could be a helpful document.

Thoughts? 

Kurt (Let's keep this positive and not another bash DT thread)

Kurt
Disgruntled Bpfcom User

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 05:37:09 PM »

A megathread with specific workings of the gun that aren't necessarily detailed very much in the manual would be quite helpful for those looking for more.  Maybe do a section on aftermarket parts (including magazines and ammo), a section on proper maintenance, a section on mods to the gun itself if proper maintenance doesn't quite get you to 100%, and maybe if we have enough expert advice from CBM or others, a section on manual of arms and how not to create user-induced malfunctions?
Lonewolf McQuade

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 11:33:04 PM »

I don't personally own a DT....yet, but think your idea is a great one! It will be a great source of information and add value to the forums. 👍
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 01:36:32 PM »

@Disgrunted Bpfcom User:  At the moment, this is in the formative stage, but if this works out, I think it will be a big benefit to the MDR community.  I should have more information in a couple days when I reply to some off-board emails.

Kurt

Kurt
haaaake

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 01:39:02 PM »

Great idea. Almost like a wiki with just useful information and no mindless ranting. Would love to get some more people from DT active on here but I honestly don't blame them for how mindlessly toxic this community has been. Let's turn that around I have seen a lot more good discussion on here now that more people have been taking delivery of their MDRXs.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 01:51:05 PM by haaaake » Logged
haaaake

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 04:06:38 PM »

Something I wanted to mention specifically, and something DT has actually covered in a video themselves, is ejecting a live round from the chamber by racking the charging handle manually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L1UeRhy0UQ

This is also in the manual I believe but it's just something that someone picking up the rifle for the first time might not realize. It is important to rack the charging handle back with a reasonable amount of force and then fully releasing to eject the rough out the FE mechanism. You can even rack the charging handle back reasonably quick and lock it up in the receiver lock, then release by pushing it down and you can still easily eject the round. The important part is to pull ALL the way back and with enough force to properly operate the mechanism to push the round into the FE chute.

There are actually a number of videos that would be worth organizing into a nice thread. Changing to a new caliber conversion, cleaning, etc. etc.
coldboremiracle

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2020, 09:33:17 AM »

@Disgrunted Bpfcom User:  At the moment, this is in the formative stage, but if this works out, I think it will be a big benefit to the MDR community.  I should have more information in a couple days when I reply to some off-board emails.

Kurt
How do you plan on organizing this Kurt? If you want, we can create a whole thing on the DT forum (currently a ghost town). Or is the plan to do it as just a sub forum here?

The first shot, is worth all the rest.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2020, 05:48:04 PM »

My original thought was a simple document that could be downloaded, but it could be both a forum and a doc.  As to where it would be, I would think the more places the better.  We could do it on the DT forum, but I think there should also be pointers here (and anywhere else) to where the information is located.

Kurt
haaaake

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2020, 10:53:49 PM »

Kurt
How do you plan on organizing this Kurt? If you want, we can create a whole thing on the DT forum (currently a ghost town). Or is the plan to do it as just a sub forum here?

I think getting the DT forums back in action is a good idea. I think it's a bit hidden away but would be nice to have that as a go-to place for MDR information. This forum leaves a lot to be desired technically. I would gladly help contribute some content as best as I can. Could also just do a sticky'd thread here that links to all the relevant information.
Yeti
New Posting Member

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2020, 04:04:02 AM »

I like the idea very much. Any news on that?
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2020, 07:02:31 PM »

I had some things that came up that I had to take care of so it was on the back burner.  Now that they're resolved, I hope to move forward with it.

Kurt
Awesomo4000
New Posting Member

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2021, 06:32:11 PM »

I actually joined the forum specifically because of this post.  Any progress on this? I have many questions
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2021, 06:53:11 PM »

Things sort of got away from me this past fall.  I should be back on track shortly.

Kurt
Awesomo4000
New Posting Member

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2021, 07:48:05 PM »

I can understand things getting of way from you.

Itís rough out there.

FWIW I just got into the M2HB and they have a thread on 1913 forum that links to a google docs folder or some such that has a zip file of all the acquired Ma Duece info there is to be had. Perhaps this may be of interest to you from a layout perspective.

PS - I know nothing. This is like my 8th forum post of any kind ever.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length