Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 08, 2020, 04:07:35 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderators: kfeltenberger, Heathsrow)
| | |-+  Tips, Observations, Tweaks
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tips, Observations, Tweaks  (Read 234 times)
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: July 30, 2020, 02:14:12 PM »

A comment in the magazine catch thread got me to thinking that there should be a single document or location where the user developed observations, user tips, and tweaks are collected.  I'd be willing to create and host the document, then put a link to it in a pinned thread.  This could cover everything from preventative maintenance to where to lube the mag release or trigger bar, and everything in between.  Also, perhaps things from DT (or a rep) that users should pay attention to; I seem to recall a magazine release issue where someone bent a part and another list member advised against it. 

There's a lot of experience, and I think this could be a helpful document.

Thoughts? 

Kurt (Let's keep this positive and not another bash DT thread)

Kurt
Disgruntled Bpfcom User

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 06:37:09 PM »

A megathread with specific workings of the gun that aren't necessarily detailed very much in the manual would be quite helpful for those looking for more.  Maybe do a section on aftermarket parts (including magazines and ammo), a section on proper maintenance, a section on mods to the gun itself if proper maintenance doesn't quite get you to 100%, and maybe if we have enough expert advice from CBM or others, a section on manual of arms and how not to create user-induced malfunctions?
Lonewolf McQuade

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 12:33:04 AM »

I don't personally own a DT....yet, but think your idea is a great one! It will be a great source of information and add value to the forums. 👍
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 02:36:32 PM »

@Disgrunted Bpfcom User:  At the moment, this is in the formative stage, but if this works out, I think it will be a big benefit to the MDR community.  I should have more information in a couple days when I reply to some off-board emails.

Kurt

Kurt
haaaake

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 02:39:02 PM »

Great idea. Almost like a wiki with just useful information and no mindless ranting. Would love to get some more people from DT active on here but I honestly don't blame them for how mindlessly toxic this community has been. Let's turn that around I have seen a lot more good discussion on here now that more people have been taking delivery of their MDRXs.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 02:51:05 PM by haaaake » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length