Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 08, 2020, 05:10:37 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderators: kfeltenberger, Heathsrow)
| | |-+  MDRx mag release is stiff
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MDRx mag release is stiff  (Read 340 times)
AlloyedForces

« on: July 28, 2020, 05:25:46 PM »

The mag release on the MDRx is so stiff that I'd rather use my thumb than index finger. Anyone else have this problem?

Was thinking of maybe adding a spring to it to make it lighter.
Zeiram3f

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 08:53:52 PM »

This is normal for MDR mag release design. Itís a terrible mechanical design. Mine would actually seize and stay stuck Inside the frame until I worked it about 1000 times.

Employees will pop in here and let you know that you either need to work out more or that their MDRs do not exhibit this problem. Understand this issue pervades most consumer MDRs, but not all, especially demo and DT tuned  platforms.
AlloyedForces

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 01:43:43 AM »

"Work out more" I do work out, but not my index finger. I've seen people on YT just use their thumbs. This mag release is kinda ass though. I will see if I can add a spring or something
Zeiram3f

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 03:10:11 PM »

Yeah. Itís a BS response from some people but Iíve seen it enough. Iím with you though. Thereís no way to fix the mag release, as the CEO personally promised to release a video on how to do this... two years ago? I think it was two years ago. Anyhow theyíve not followed through on that and itís more than likely due to the fact that the design isnít suitable for a fix - it needs to be entirely replaced with something superior. Given the fact that the pic rail section still exists, I donít see this mag release fix coming any time soon.
Disgruntled Bpfcom User

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 08:50:21 PM »

Take out your trigger pack and check to see if the spring under it is tangled.  If not, lubricate it, and also lubricate the points in the lower where the mag release bar contacts...well, everything.

These are things you learn as you actually take apart the gun and work with it yourself, instead of, you know, just sitting on a forum complaining about it.
FinnertysPiano

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 09:47:48 AM »

Mine runs pretty well, can press with index, bring my thumb back to press from the other side, or press the rear one with index all rather easily. Pressing from the left did have an odd tactical click the first few times, but that went away pretty quickly.

I actually kind of prefer the ergos of the thumb method (and also prefer using the charging handle from the side a lefty usually would despite being a right handed shooter) but either way is perfectly comfortable.
haaaake

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2020, 02:46:40 PM »

Mine runs perfectly fine. And has only gotten better the more I have used it. If you have an issue I would recommend trying to grease the latch mechanism above the magazine well. Any parts that slide against something else just use a bit of grease (I use Milcom TW25B) and work the mechanism.

I sort of wonder if people that have major issues with this haven't fully seated the magazine catch in the mechanism. It does take a good amount of force to seat it properly. If the latch (the part that comes with each conversion kit) isn't fully seated then I imagine it could make things much stiffer.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 02:49:07 PM by haaaake » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length