Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 29, 2020, 01:18:40 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  iwi logo Streamlight TLR-8A Light Laser
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: iwi logo Streamlight TLR-8A Light Laser  (Read 993 times)
WOHSORB
New Posting Member

« on: July 26, 2020, 03:08:19 PM »

Hi my name is Craig

I have a Tavor X-95 and a Tavor 7

I was checking out the accessories on the iwi.us website, and I like the Streamlight TLR-8A Light. I see it gives 2 options,  with either a HIGH SWITCH or a LOW SWITCH on the light. Do you guys know the differences of the switches and how they will affect the use on the rifles? My guess is that one is easier to reach or activate than the other? Also is it a good light for a rifle or is it more for a pistol?

Do any of you have pictures of this light or a similar light mounted on your Tavor?

Which Light do you recommend for my Tavors?
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 03:35:06 AM »

RE: The switch
It's pretty clear on the site what the difference is in the switches. Here's the pic showing the two models:

To me it's kinda pricey unless you really want the IWI logo.

I also think that 500 lumens is a lot. I have The TLR-1S on my X95:

At "only" 300 lumens it's very bright. Maybe too much for any kind of indoor use. Outdoors it's amazing. I like where I have mine mounted, but different strokes for different folks. The TLR-1 is also a lot less expensive.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 03:49:49 AM »

You can buy the non-IWI version here: TRL-8A from Amazon

It comes with both switches so you can swap them and see which works best for you.

Freedom isn't free.
WOHSORB
New Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 11:10:48 PM »

It's pretty clear on the site what the difference is in the switches. Here's the pic showing the two models:

At "only" 300 lumens it's very bright. Maybe too much for any kind of indoor use. Outdoors it's amazing. I like where I have mine mounted, but different strokes for different folks. The TLR-1 is also a lot less expensive.

Thank You,  I can not tell if your switch is the high version or the low version? is it easy to get to the switch? I see you must also live in Cali. How do you like the ACOG on your X-95 I was told the rifles accuracy is not good enough for an ACOG . I want one though.
WOHSORB
New Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 11:12:13 PM »

You can buy the non-IWI version here: TRL-8A from Amazon

It comes with both switches so you can swap them and see which works best for you.

Oh Wow, Thanks for the info. I bet it cost less also.
Lonewolf McQuade

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 07:34:24 PM »

I use the TRL 1HL (800 lum) on my SAR & on the T 7, I purchased a picitinny  holder & installed a 1000 lum flashlight.
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 08:18:31 PM »

Thank You,  I can not tell if your switch is the high version or the low version? is it easy to get to the switch?
Mine is the TLR-1S so, it has a different switch. I have no issue getting to the switch on mine.

Yes, the X95's accuracy is not great. However, that's not relevant. I don't shoot this gun past 200 yards and the ACOG is perfect for those distances. I don't think there's a better optic out there for the X95.

Freedom isn't free.
filthy phil

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2020, 11:14:07 AM »

Thank You,  I can not tell if your switch is the high version or the low version? is it easy to get to the switch? I see you must also live in Cali. How do you like the ACOG on your X-95 I was told the rifles accuracy is not good enough for an ACOG . I want one though.
I just got an acog. If you can afford multiple thousand $ optics then sure, put one on every rifle. Personally I think a rds is better suited for my 95. The acog went on an ar
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 11:54:59 AM by filthy phil » Logged
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 05:54:51 PM »

I just got an acog. If you can afford multiple thousand $ optics then sure, put one on every rifle. Personally I think a rds is better suited for my 95. The acog went on an ar
Or you can troll the interweb for hundreds of hours and find them for $500 new old stock.  Shocked

But you're not wrong. While the ACOG is the pinnacle of battle optics, they ain't cheap. And, there are some situations where 4x magnification is a draw back.

I've got a Vortex Razor AMG UH-1 Gen 2 and 3x magnifier on order. That may be a better set up for this gun.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 05:56:44 PM by Rastoff » Logged

Freedom isn't free.
Pulicords

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2020, 01:25:18 PM »

I mounted this Streamlight TLR-2 HL(Green) on my X95 .300 BLK.  Seems pretty good match for a rifle I'm going to me using at less than 100 yards for the most part.

I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough of it to get around in places where it's spoken.
JP_PDX

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2020, 02:24:08 PM »

Or you can troll the interweb for hundreds of hours and find them for $500 new old stock.  Shocked

But you're not wrong. While the ACOG is the pinnacle of battle optics, they ain't cheap. And, there are some situations where 4x magnification is a draw back.

I've got a Vortex Razor AMG UH-1 Gen 2 and 3x magnifier on order. That may be a better set up for this gun.

Rastoff - I just a UH-1 Gen 2 for my x95. I was considering a 3x magnifier as well. Please share your thoughts and experiences with it when you get the chance.

Thanks!
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length