Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 08, 2020, 05:00:24 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  Favorite x95 foregrip?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Favorite x95 foregrip?  (Read 627 times)
JP_PDX

« on: July 03, 2020, 05:40:14 PM »

I know I want to get a fire grip for my FDE x95; but canít decide which style I want. AFG style. Grip style? Integrated bipod? Integrated light?

What foregrip did you choose and why?

Pics always welcome and encouraged!
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 11:50:32 PM »

In all the changes I've made trying to come up with the final configuration, the AFG has been consistently a good choice. I like that it's light and compact. It definitely makes the gun easier to support because I don't have to bend my wrist as much to support the forearm. It works well with the light and I can still get a bipod on there if I want, which most of the time I don't.

The GripPod type is just too big.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Bubble Head

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 09:49:42 AM »

I went with a Mako grip because of the ergonomics and the storage compartment. Aesthetically, it more or less matches the factory pistol grip, too.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 09:51:53 AM by Bubble Head » Logged
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 06:32:23 PM »

For my 14.5 X95 when building it I wanted to try to emulate, or come as close as I could to the IWI Micro Tavor. On many pictures of the Micro Tavor I had seen long VFG's so went that rout and picked up the Tpod G2

https://www.fab-defense.com/en/category-bipods/id-217/rotating-actical-foregrip-bipod.html

To me it gives it that micro Tavor look (a kid at the range asked me....Mr, is that a Micro Tavor? Gotta love video games).

It works well as a bipod and opening and closing it is very fast. Also, on the opposite side of the tightening nuts is a slot for your lights pressure switch.  So for me it gave me 3 things I was wanting as far as looks and functionality.

On my SAR I went with a T-grip.

https://iwi.us/product/ab-arms-tgrip/

The T-grip has a great angle, is small, light and feels nice in my hand. It also has storage in the grip.

* vg x95 closed.jpg (562.51 KB, 1200x675 - viewed 90 times.)

* vg x95 open.jpg (419.5 KB, 1200x675 - viewed 81 times.)

* vg sar.jpg (556.98 KB, 1200x675 - viewed 93 times.)

Track the liars down and then remove their crowns!
Zolkalf on PubG
JP_PDX

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 07:19:45 PM »

Itís interesting that my first 2 choices were the AFG and the FAB defense that looks just like that Mako.

That t-grip is also intriguing!
King-Goji

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 02:14:15 PM »

I am actually really intrigued to see what a Hera CQR foregrip looks like on the X95.
I've always preferred the styling of the SAR over the X95, but if the CQR grip looks as good as I think it may, I would be extremely tempted to snag an X95 too.
JP_PDX

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 07:57:09 PM »

I am actually really intrigued to see what a Hera CQR foregrip looks like on the X95.
I've always preferred the styling of the SAR over the X95, but if the CQR grip looks as good as I think it may, I would be extremely tempted to snag an X95 too.

I was not familiar with the CQR, but a quick google search fixed that. Interesting indeed. Would love to hear any first hand knowledge on how this grip works with an x95.

* x95+Hera.png (165.81 KB, 640x427 - viewed 47 times.)
Bubble Head

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2020, 04:06:15 PM »

The angle of that Hera looks a little steep to be mounted on such a short rifle, but maybe it still works somehow?
Desert Kraut

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2020, 07:12:46 PM »

While I really like the looks of that Hera, it looks pretty substantial for such a short rifle (translation; weight). It still looks cool though.
Pulicords

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2020, 12:52:34 PM »

BCM "Gunfighter" foregrip seems to work for me.

I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough of it to get around in places where it's spoken.
JP_PDX

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 01:08:44 PM »

Looks great Pulicords! The FDE matches up pretty nice as well. I like your set-up with the pistol grip and MRO as well. What riser do you have on that?
Pulicords

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2020, 01:55:42 PM »

Thanks.  My top rail is made by Midwest Industries.  Perfect height for me!

I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough of it to get around in places where it's spoken.
JP_PDX

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2020, 05:50:58 PM »

Definitely one of the cleaner FDE x95s I've seen! What is the MRO mount? Also don't think I've seen an MRO in FDE. Looks sweet!
Pulicords

« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 11:50:24 AM »

The MRO is mounted using a Scalarworks QD mount.  Pretty good option and just the right height.  The fde covers for the MRO are pretty available now.  I think I got this one off of Amazon or via Midway.

https://scalarworks.com/shop/quick-detach-mounts/leap-05/

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length