Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 10, 2020, 01:25:48 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  X95 Rear Magazine Release Issues
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: X95 Rear Magazine Release Issues  (Read 208 times)
ReneDavid

« on: July 01, 2020, 02:23:01 AM »

I recently purchased a new X95 with a crazily stiff rear magazine release. Is this normal? Anyone encounter anything like it?

To clarify, the release by the trigger functions just fine. The gun is runable. It’s just that the rear release (near the mag well) pretty much requires two hands to depress. It can be done, but certainly not from a firing position.

Just checking before I start disassembling to investigate. Wink
ReneDavid

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 02:42:41 AM »

Disregard. Nothing to see here. Just me, demonstrating my stunning mental acuity, and on my very first post, no less!

So it turns out that according to the manual, what I was calling the ‘Rear Magazine Release’ is ACTUALLY the ‘Magazine Catch,’ and while they don’t explicitly explain what it does, neither do they tell you to use it to drop mags, so I’m likely the only one who thought they were just being wildly flexible in providing multiple ways to do mag changes.

And now I feel bad, because I used the obviously dysfunctional ‘Rear Magazine Release’ to bargain down the price at Ye Local Gun Shoppe. Sigh.
QB Too

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 12:20:01 PM »

Don't feel bad.  Since getting my SARs/X95 I've asked a ton of questions, at least half of them (or more) being really stupid questions!!!!  I think I now have a pretty good understanding of the parts. disassembly, reassembly, etc.
ReneDavid

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 04:22:32 PM »

I don’t feel bad about asking a dumb question: I’ve come to blissfully accept the fact of my own ignorance. Smiley

I DO feel bad to have gotten a better deal because the shop didn’t know the ‘rear magazine release’ wasn’t faulty. But thanks for the good words.
boscoman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 10:14:02 PM »

I don’t feel bad about asking a dumb question: I’ve come to blissfully accept the fact of my own ignorance. Smiley

I DO feel bad to have gotten a better deal because the shop didn’t know the ‘rear magazine release’ wasn’t faulty. But thanks for the good words.

Now that made me laugh, especially working at a gun store.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 11:54:43 PM »

Yeah, I got a chuckle out of "rear mag release." I knew that you can press on the mag catch to drop the mag, but I was thinking there's some new upgrade I've missed.

Don't sweat it ReneDavid. We've all been there and since the X95 is so unusual in the rifle world, there will be more questions as time goes on. Don't be afraid to ask. We're here to help. Also, sometimes asking will lead us all to something we've never thought of before.

Enjoy that gun. Buy lots of ammo. You're gonna need it.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length