Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 10, 2020, 01:47:37 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Picked Up My X95 9mm FDE
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Picked Up My X95 9mm FDE  (Read 264 times)
QB Too

« on: June 30, 2020, 10:23:29 PM »

I picked up my one and only 9mm FDE X95 today.  Despite being a SAR lover I am quite smitten with it! 

I immediately converted it from right to left handed which was basically the same as my 9mm SAR with a few minor differences.  I had watched the IWI youtube video on converting an X95 9mm from right to left and was really thrown when my charging handle didn't just pull out like in the video showed.  I NEVER give up so I was scanning X95 videos and ran across one about the Gen4 charging handle and discovered that my X95 has the newer handle as well as a "hammerhead" part.  After I learned about the "hammerhead" part that you have to turn out of the way in order to remove and/or install the charging handle, everything went smoothly. 

The only thing I have on order for it right now is the Manticore buttpad.  I already had  Midwest ejection port cover for it.

I hope to shoot both 9mms sometime in July and it will be interesting to "feel" the difference in the rifles since it appears length of pull is different for each rifle (I like short LOPs).

I'll be blocking the gas at the back of the rail as suggested since I'm shooting suppressed most of the time.  I'm trying to decide which methods might work best.

Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 12:14:44 AM »

Pics or it didn't happen.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
QB Too

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 12:37:26 AM »

Pics or it didn't happen.

I was waiting for that....LOL.  I'll be sure to post a picture tomorrow. 😁
QB Too

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 12:01:48 PM »

My two Tavor 9mms, converted to LH.  I think I'll sell the black Fab Defense bipod and get one in FDE.  The black one is brand new but I think an FDE may look better. Still waiting on my Manticore buttpad for the X95.

Mounted a Holosun HS503GU and a Steiner P4Xi but have to sight them in later this month when my range opens. 

« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 05:32:32 PM by QB Too » Logged
JP_PDX

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 05:50:46 PM »

Canít wait to hear back about that Holosun. Iím leaning towards the 510 or 530 for my x95!
QB Too

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 06:15:22 PM »

There are so many different Holosun optics to choose from.  I have 3 of the 503GU models that were purchased a while back.  I think they may be discontinued now due to newer models.  I mainly shoot at a range (100 yards max) so the Holosun optics I have should be OK.  I have 2 of the Steiner optics and have never used them but I think I'm going to like them.  Again, for my purposes, it doesn't pay to sell and rebuy optics for range shooting.
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 07:14:18 PM »

Nice set ups bro!

How about that Steiner? Love it as a Red dot with 4X the punch if your need it.

With my SAR and X95 they were almost to much the same and I started doing things to give them there own personality's and make them different.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 07:05:10 AM by RebellionOnIce » Logged

Track the liars down and then remove their crowns!
Zolkalf on PubG
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length