Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 10, 2020, 02:31:05 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderators: kfeltenberger, Heathsrow)
| | |-+  Does the MDR recoil up or down?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Does the MDR recoil up or down?  (Read 307 times)
AlloyedForces

« on: June 23, 2020, 09:41:14 AM »

Does it recoil similar to an AR15 or more downward?
KawiKing

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 10:29:47 AM »

Recoil on the mdr was worse than a ar15 (still not bad ) but the mdrx in 556 barley moves with that compensator
Disgruntled Bpfcom User

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 10:56:22 AM »

The only time an MDR would recoil down is if you attached a Nero 556 (or Nero 762) muzzle brake. It's very noticeable if you do (source: me)
Iceman2733

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 08:59:55 PM »

Recoil does have more recoil than DI ar but that is to be expected since it is a piston system along with a bullpup.

However it def does not move down, as stated the factory comp the MDRX comes with works pretty well.  It a Hypertap or anything but it works well
Spidersgosplat

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 08:42:55 PM »

The only time an MDR would recoil down is if you attached a Nero 556 (or Nero 762) muzzle brake. It's very noticeable if you do (source: me)

The muzzle brake that comes with the MDrx is pretty good but I'm thinking of upgrading. Do you happen to know how hard it was to get the regular device off?
Disgruntled Bpfcom User

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 09:16:48 PM »

Should be very easy with a 1/4" wrench if you remove the barrel and clamp down the gas block with a vice.  Much harder if you don't have a vice

The Nero is pretty interesting, and I'm looking forward to getting a little more experience with it, but there are probably more effective brakes with a traditional pattern that might work better for you.  I'll be comparing the Nero versus the SI Oppressor later on once I get my X barrel.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length