Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 10, 2020, 03:23:24 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  T7 Parts and Mods - Compatibility List
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: T7 Parts and Mods - Compatibility List  (Read 437 times)
Harkness

« on: June 22, 2020, 01:13:57 PM »

So since I'm planning to get a 7 at some point soon I've been doing what I do with other stuff, research the crap out of it. IWIs are frustrating in general, it is good that they've updated from the SAR to X95 to 7 but few of the parts transfer over, especially to the 7. I haven't found any type of chart or list that shows compatibility so I thought it might be worth it to start one, there are a few cool parts I've been looking at that almost definitely don't work but finding definitive answers has been kind of tough.

I was originally going to post this in the Tavor 7 section but thought it made more sense for the general forum, maybe it'll get more input. I'm going to mention what I know and will edit this as more information and parts become available. I'll also include parts requests, most of them will probably be a version of the stuff below but I'm sure someone has a good idea for something no one makes.

Tavor 7
Barrel - no other options, cannot use IWI caliber conversion kits or SAR/X95 parts because of 7.62 architecture of 7
Trigger - no other options,  Timney triggers may "fit" but they are not as substantial since they are designed for smaller 5.56/9mm/etc. architecture
Shoulder pad - only option is Manticore curved upgrade, SAR/X95 pads are not compatible, lots of positives reviews for the pad
BUIS - typical Picatinny sights must be bought, none are incorporated in top rail like SAR/X95
Grips- IWI makes an optional pistol grip and upgraded grip panels; the lower front grip cover no longer has space for a light switch
Top rail - no other options, however rail is apparently lower than SAR/X95
Fore-end - no other options
Charging handle - no other options
Safety switches - Manticore Luma slim and medium; 45 switch action vs. 90 for SAR/X95
Port cover - no other options

Manticore and Gearhead Works are the two go-tos for Tavor parts aside from a few specifics (mostly incompatible triggers), but they're still playing catch-up since the 7 was only released last fall and then everything happened this spring. I am specifically wondering about skeletonizing the top of the OEM foregrip around the gas block for cooling since the molded slots are half-blocked, and I also plan to clean up mold lines and deburr internal parts when I get it.

Last edited after calling IWI and asking about both compatibility and optional available parts, essentially nothing carries over in any worthwhile capacity from the older models to the 7.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 12:49:33 PM by Harkness » Logged
ronaldparkerj

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 10:36:47 PM »

An aftermarket foreend would be nice, along with triggers. I've never had an issue with the x95 factory rail height so the one on my Tavor 7 is just fine.
Also, I've noticed the dang hole in ejection port covers seems to be a source of "gas to the face" so perhaps something that replaces the factory one with the hole in it would be nice.
Tactical_T

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 08:27:21 PM »

An aftermarket foreend would be nice, along with triggers. Also, I've noticed the dang hole in ejection port covers seems to be a source of "gas to the face" so perhaps something that replaces the factory one with the hole in it would be nice.

Regarding the trigger, I really think its one of the best stock bullpup triggers yet. I have a Shooting Sight trigger in a SAR and think the T7 trigger is close to that.

Regarding the ejection port "gas to the face" you mentioned, I really havn't noticed it, but I'll pay more attention the next time I shoot. I have a feeling that aftermarket part companies will not offer a replacement due to the design retracting back into the rifle, unlike the SAR which is fixed.

ronaldparkerj

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 08:37:14 PM »

An aftermarket foreend would be nice, along with triggers. Also, I've noticed the dang hole in ejection port covers seems to be a source of "gas to the face" so perhaps something that replaces the factory one with the hole in it would be nice.

Regarding the trigger, I really think its one of the best stock bullpup triggers yet. I have a Shooting Sight trigger in a SAR and think the T7 trigger is close to that.

Regarding the ejection port "gas to the face" you mentioned, I really havn't noticed it, but I'll pay more attention the next time I shoot. I have a feeling that aftermarket part companies will not offer a replacement due to the design retracting back into the rifle, unlike the SAR which is fixed.

I shoot suppressed with an Omega so that is the source of my woes. Unsuppressed it is just fine, but when its suppressed I can literally watch the gas billow out from that hole.

You're right about the trigger. Its is very nice for a bullpup. I wouldn't replace it if there was an option, but any aftermarket parts are always a good sign for longevity.
COBrien

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 01:56:26 PM »

I know the aftermarket trigger assemblies aren't exactly compatible with the T7, as many have discussed.

What I've been wondering is if the Geissele Lightning Bow is compatible with the T7, and I couldn't find any information on that or anyone who'd tried it.

Per Jeremy Gresham w/ IWI US, it is not compatible.

So, there's that.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length