Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 10, 2020, 03:14:12 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderators: kfeltenberger, Heathsrow)
| | |-+  Looks like fabrication for July batch is underway
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Looks like fabrication for July batch is underway  (Read 807 times)
Disgruntled Bpfcom User

« on: June 11, 2020, 01:44:40 PM »

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3260550227309030&id=124414064256011&__tn__=H-R

Looking forward to my SE conversion kit. Hopefully most of the quality of these things are nice
Kublah

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 03:56:03 PM »

Ditto, pretty excited to get the SE kit, but annoyed at how long its been since placing my order.
Sericus
^

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 05:47:27 PM »

very exciting!
haaaake

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 12:49:15 AM »

Patiently waiting on my 5.56 FE with 20" barrel.
ryu_sekai

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 04:20:11 PM »

Was told they were waiting on parts and they will arrive the 19th. MDR should ship following week
haaaake

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 02:00:36 AM »

Got shipping notification for my MDRX 5.56 FE with 20Ē barrel. Took right around 3 months but obviously I put in the order right when the country was going into pandemic lockdown. I do think DT sales people could do a better job setting expectations on shipping time but I understand how this industry and manufacturing in general is always a bit unpredictable and even more so these days.

Shipping looks like it will be very quick. Very much looking forward to finally getting to start testing it out.
Kublah

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 10:31:51 AM »

Excellent... hope my SE kit ships soon, it has also been more than 3 months since my order.
Sericus
^

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 03:49:53 PM »

That's great news! I put in my order for a 556 MDRx w/308 conversion and was told there was an 8 week delay. Got the 17th marked on the calendar as MDR day! Would be great if they beat their eta.
haaaake

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2020, 03:12:05 AM »

Got my MDRX today but I'm in CA so it is in 10 day DROS jail.

Everything looked good to me after a quick function check. 20" barrel conversion kit shipped in a separate box from the receiver since the MDR hard case is designed for the 16" barrels. It looks like the .223 gas valve doesn't have the side markings of S, N, A but that also makes sense because the side area with the detents doesn't really leave any space for the markings. This might have always been the case for the .223 barrels. Very easy to see the 1-6 markings on the front of the valve.

I will be getting to the range as soon as it gets out to CA waiting period jail. Can't wait to see how the 20" .223 barrel performs. I will have a Radian Model 1 with 14.5" barrel coming soon that I will be able to compare it to. The beauty of the MDR is how easy it is to just remove the kydex fin and swap out the barrel if we ever get some relief from CA gun laws or another nice freedom week. I can easily order a 16" barrel for use in other states or to patiently wait for CA to get it's s*** together haha. The 20" barreled MDRX will still be shorter overall than my 14.5" barreled AR.

I have the FixitSticks The Works toolkit and got additional 80 and 30 in/lb torque limiters to use with the MDRX. Definitely cool to see DT offering a fixit sticks kit for only $145 now as well. Definitely recommended if you want a nice compact toolkit. If you need one for multiple rifles I say get The Works kit with torque specific limiters and then buy any additional limiters you need.

Very excited.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 03:29:48 AM by haaaake » Logged
Maitrega
New Posting Member

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2020, 01:04:04 PM »

Before you decide to buy an MDR, everyone needs to know that Desert Tech is a small and poorly managed operation. I waited more than 2 years (while Desert Tech had the full amount deposit) for my MDR. I originally ordered the 223 version, but DT wasn't delivering them so I took a 308, and had to pay more. The first MDR's had loads of problems with the gas valve (2 iterations) then a complete rework of the innards. MDR did do a rebuild of my MDR via warranty. You can do a Google search to see the early negative reviews and why the rebuild was necessary. After waiting years, MDR announced it was making conversion kits for the 223 caliber. However, since January, 2020, DT has had my money and still not delivered the conversion kit. Its been 7 months. Consider this when you decide to make your buy.
Disgruntled Bpfcom User

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2020, 06:19:55 PM »

Before you decide to buy an MDR, everyone needs to know that Desert Tech is a small and poorly managed operation. I waited more than 2 years (while Desert Tech had the full amount deposit) for my MDR. I originally ordered the 223 version, but DT wasn't delivering them so I took a 308, and had to pay more. The first MDR's had loads of problems with the gas valve (2 iterations) then a complete rework of the innards. MDR did do a rebuild of my MDR via warranty. You can do a Google search to see the early negative reviews and why the rebuild was necessary. After waiting years, MDR announced it was making conversion kits for the 223 caliber. However, since January, 2020, DT has had my money and still not delivered the conversion kit. Its been 7 months. Consider this when you decide to make your buy.

Nice meltdown.
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2020, 07:51:59 PM »

Not this again.

For every issue that came up, DT fixed it for free.  Every upgrade...also free.  You bought something and then *you* decided to change and buy something more expensive because you wanted it *now*...I'm don't know any company that wouldn't charge the difference.

As for the 7 month wait...What's been happening since late February/early March?  The entire supply chain is disrupted and it's only now slowly coming back to some sort of semblance of normal.  I hate to say it, but delays and waits are part and parcel for the firearms industry.  I remember the conversation when people were waiting for the Shrike to be released.  Or the ACR.  Or the Seecamp.  Or the Rohrbaugh.

The entire industry is running behind.  Gun sales are through the roof and only so much can be produced in a given amount of time.  Each month this year has seen more guns sold than the previous year.  We're sitting at record sales.  If DT could produce your product and ship it to you, I'm sure they would.  That's something every firearms manufacturer is facing.

Kurt
haaaake

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2020, 12:52:20 AM »

I love it when people come in making posts like this. People that make posts like this are almost always the asshole and almost always the ones in the wrong and are absolutely terrible customers.

Also this is a thread of people who have already happily ordered MDRs and likely done way more research on the matter than you ever did.

Sometimes I really canít stand the gun community man.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length