Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2020, 08:13:42 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  Tavor7
| | | |-+  Subsonic Load Data for Tavor 7 THAT CYCLES???????
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Subsonic Load Data for Tavor 7 THAT CYCLES???????  (Read 456 times)
JudCargile

« on: May 25, 2020, 03:27:11 PM »

I get that you can turn the gas off and run subsonic. That is cool.

I get that you can run supersonic ammo through your suppressor and that is what most of us do almost all of the time.

The bees knees would be a subsonic load that cycles the Tavor 7.

Some AR10s have done it. Perhaps buy a second recoil spring and cut off a coil or two?
It would be good to know the weight difference between the BCGs.
COBrien

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 02:03:37 PM »

I've been waiting for someone with more experience to chime in here, but here goes:

It seems to me running the rifle suppressed with the gas selector set to "A" (i.e., wide open, or at least as "wide open" as the factory allows) gives you the best possible chance of cycling subsonic ammo.

I intend to gather a small variety (like, 2-3 different types) of subsonic ammo and give it a try. I'm not a reloader or handloader, so I'm somewhat limited to off-the-shelf options. Though I do have a buddy who'd probably work me up some loads...

Right now, I'm looking at:

Atomic's 260 gr. RNSP ("Tactical Cycling Subsonic");
Atomic's 175 gr. SMK ("Match"), though I do not expect it to cycle; and
Lapua 200 gr. FMJ, though the reviews are spotty.

I'd love to try others, but most results for ".308 subsonic ammo" lead to the words OUT OF STOCK.
JudCargile

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 10:12:48 PM »

Tubbs 2 hole ammo is supposed to cycle in AR10 platforms. It is expensive as crap and I would like to make a near duplicate. I have yet to find any leads; However, if you got to be quiet, turn the gas off and use it as a bolt gun.
COBrien

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 02:54:11 PM »

I saw something posted in a Tavor Owner's Group on Facebook. A guy bought some Atomic 175 SMKs, and they wouldn't cycle the T7. He later bought some Atomic 260s, and found they would keyhole at just 25 yards.

Seems 1:11" just isn't enough to stabilize those long 260 grain bullets.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length