Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2020, 05:33:34 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  Tavor7
| | | |-+  What Optic for a Tavor 7
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What Optic for a Tavor 7  (Read 189 times)
Beach Bill

« on: May 22, 2020, 08:45:24 PM »

I am finally receiving my new Tavor 7 next week, after looking for one since last August. I have not decided yet on an optic for the rifle and would like to hear what Tavor 7 owners selected for their rifles.

Because I have astigmatism, I generally prefer a scope to a red dot. I usually shoot to 100 yards, but occasionally get to use a range where I can shoot to as much as 500 yards.

I have a Primary Arms 3x Prisms equipped on two Tavor SAR sand have been considering either the 3x or 5x prism for the Tavor 7. I have not used the PA 5x prism and would like to hear from anyone who has experience with it compared to the PA 3x Prism. And if you are a Tavor 7 owner, what optic did you select?
boscoman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 07:43:12 AM »

I use an Elcan Specter 1x4. If i were to do it again I would probably go to the 1.5X6 or even the new 1X3X9 power. They are pricey but well worth the $$ in my opinion (which in the grand scheme probably isn't worth a hill of beans  Smiley).

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
Tactical_T

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 09:23:59 AM »

For my wants/needs, I'm going to pick up an Elcan 1x/4x for my T7 pretty soon.

Based upon what you mentioned about your eyes and type of shooting, I would probably suggest a traditional LPVO in 1-6x. You didn't mention a budget, so I can't recommend a manufacture. But there are a number of options out there. As always, just get the best glass you can afford.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 10:44:11 AM »

Elcan 1/4 or 1.5/6 with RMR on top... or if you are on a budget ... Steiner P4XI cannot be beat ... excellent optic and it is currently my go-to LPVO under $700.

The Elcan 1/3/9 is meh...too heavy...too expensive and at 9X the FOV is veeeery narrow...not to mention the reticle is not sharp at all and hazy...
Tactical_T

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 11:53:23 AM »

Elcan 1/4 or 1.5/6 with RMR on top

I think mounting an RMR on top of a scope might be better suited to a fixed power scope like an Trijicon Acog or Steiner T-Series battle sights.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 01:31:44 PM »

Naw...1.5-6 Elcan is a great candidate for a RMR up top...especially within 50m

I wouldnt run one on a 1-4...
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 05:29:08 PM »

Congrats on your new T7.

As far as an optic. The best you can afford.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:46:24 PM by RebellionOnIce » Logged

Track the liars down and then remove their crowns!
Zolkalf on PubG
JudCargile

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 07:37:00 PM »

I got a US Optics TS 8 for $550 @ Euro optics .

Love it.
Tactical_T

« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 09:02:32 PM »

I got a US Optics TS 8 for $550 @ Euro optics .

Love it.

Good scope. Good price.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: Today at 08:47:40 AM »

I've heard good things about the USO TS series...it is believed that the US TS-series optics are made by the same Chinese company as Primary Arms optics...was looking at the TS-12X but I heard it has some weird feeling turrets (loose to tight to loose to tight)...so been holding off.
semper paratus
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: Today at 11:48:30 AM »

I looked at the Elcan -- talked to guys on the swat team that had one --- they are heavy and pricey.  I have Burris XTR II 1x4 on my SAR's and have had ZERO problems --- I went with the Burris XTR II 1.5x8 for my T7.  Have not yet tried it out yet though.

I paid just over $600 and got it on sale with the 34mm perp mount.
boscoman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: Today at 04:07:52 PM »

I looked at the Elcan -- talked to guys on the swat team that had one --- they are heavy and pricey.  I have Burris XTR II 1x4 on my SAR's and have had ZERO problems --- I went with the Burris XTR II 1.5x8 for my T7.  Have not yet tried it out yet though.

I run a Burris 1X4 on my AR15. It is a decent optic & might be a little lighter than my Elcan. There is though no comparison in the field of view or the quality of the glass between the two, the Elcan is a far superior optic & in this case you do get what you pay for.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: Today at 04:14:41 PM »

I looked at the Elcan -- talked to guys on the swat team that had one --- they are heavy and pricey.  I have Burris XTR II 1x4 on my SAR's and have had ZERO problems --- I went with the Burris XTR II 1.5x8 for my T7.  Have not yet tried it out yet though.

Elcan weighs the same as your XTR...but high quality doesn't come cheap. Truthfully...95% of firearms owners will get away with a sub $500 optic for the rest of their life...

semper paratus
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: Today at 04:52:14 PM »

My limit for a scope is 60 to 75% of what the gun cost me -- the MSRP was $999 with out the mount and fast fire and I purchased these when I was on the list for the MDR - which I bailed on after 2 years on the list and the T7's were coming out.

true the weight is almost the same -- but for 1200 to 1400 less - your paying for features that the majority of shooters will never need. do you really need a scope that can be under water for 2 hrs and at 60 feet?  High quality no doubt, but I do not take my gun when I go scuba diving  Grin - but being in the woods and 3 gun I do

1 yr warranty vs a lifetime warranty to me is a good deal, lord help me if should I ever drop it or bang it into a tree.  But you are right, you get what you pay for. But since I have 2 - I saved myself $2800 --- now what to buy

thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: Today at 05:16:56 PM »

As I said...95% owners will get away with sub $500 optics...

There is more to it than just waterproofing...there is NOTHING wrong with an XTR...they are great optics. I am eyeing a 2-10X42 actually...

While Elcan states 1 year warranty...Armament Tech...who services Elcans for Elcan...they stand behind Elcan products and will service them...had a 2014 model dump on me and got a brand new unit in less than a week turnaround.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length