Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 07, 2020, 05:30:15 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Other Rimfire Bullpups (Moderator: Plinker)
| | |-+  Kintrek KBP-1 magazine re-design
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kintrek KBP-1 magazine re-design  (Read 1622 times)
Mauser98
New Posting Member

« on: May 20, 2020, 10:15:58 PM »

Hi all,

I'm new here and mostly interested in finding more info on the Kintrek KBP-1 magazines. I just purchased one with no mags for a song and a dance (it was a bit smokey, involved in a house fire...no damage  Grin). Great little rifle, just want to shoot it as intended. I'm well aware mags and parts are non-existent, but I'd like to change that.

My hope is to find someone here that is either willing to sell or loan a bad magazine (one that the spring nub/pin broke off of). I want to reverse-engineer the entire mag body and utilize 3D printing to make a new one. I'm thinking the spring can actually be reused, if the attachment method is changed a bit. I've never seen one in person, so it's a bit challenging to decipher geometry/dimensions. In return to all the Kintrek owners here, I would of course post the 3D models for your own printing pleasure. If someone were kind enough to loan one to me, I would certainly be willing to print them a few courtesy mags, IF I can get a working design. I would also like to reverse-engineer the clock spring/follower and make those, in addition to redesigning for a conventional coiled spring with follower and baseplate. I also hear the front and rear sight towers are commonly broken and destroy the value of the rifle. Might be able to 3D print these if there's enough need.

I do reverse-engineering of aviation components at my day job, so I am fairly confident I can make this a reality. Is there anyone out there that might be interested in bringing these mags back to life? I know this is kind of a long-shot, but I figure this forum is my best bet.

Regards,
Mauser98
Plinker
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 08:05:29 PM »

I'm no help on your quest, but welcome to the forum!

The next time you think everyone should be equal in outcome, read Kurt Vonnegut's "Harrison Bergeron".  If you don't fear that kind of world, please don't vote.
www.techparentz.com - Learn, Share, Teach.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length