Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 04, 2020, 06:58:41 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderators: kfeltenberger, Heathsrow)
| | |-+  MDRX FE/SE Owners
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Poll
Question: MDRX
Own it and love it.   -13 (44.8%)
Own it and like it.   -5 (17.2%)
Own it and itís only ok.   -1 (3.4%)
Own and plan to sell/donít like it.   -2 (6.9%)
Plan to buy one.   -8 (27.6%)
Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: MDRX FE/SE Owners  (Read 7314 times)
Echoproxy

« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2020, 01:18:16 AM »

Anyone fired the new MDRX with a suppressor yet? Is it still blowing gas and carbon everywhere? Well comparatively anyway, my Tavor 7 for example isnít to gassy suppressed all things considered. Also anyone try out the new 20Ē .308 barrel?
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2020, 02:53:31 PM »

Yes...several hundred rounds worth through a 5.56 MDRx with an OSS Gen 5 suppressor.  No gas, no excessive recoil, and very clean.

Kurt
Kublah

« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2020, 03:42:34 PM »

16" 308 MDR with a traditional style suppressor (762sdn6) was pretty gassy in the face. Obnoxiously so. I had suggested previously a gasket for the scissor side ejection plate but never ended up making one. The issue seems to be with a hole in the receiver right next to your face with a straight line from the chamber; a traditional style suppressor puts alot more gas out into your face right there. Anything with a sealed receiver in that area will be far less gas.

I have not got to try the 223 SE MDR but suspect it would be far less gas in your face through that particular spot as the SE version does have a cover and gasket to prevent this exact issue.
Echoproxy

« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2020, 09:14:10 PM »

@kublah ya that was my exact fear, that 16Ē 308 youíre referring to is the latest MDRX version? I canít believe they didnít put a gasket there if that is the case, not to mention all the videos of people getting covered in carbon from original MDR. Was a huge problem with original SAR but they fixed that s*** OEM, and the subsequent models. Absurd. Ya I have traditional vox-s and nomad-L suppressors, not trying to move to oss rn just for DT.
maybe

« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2020, 10:43:32 PM »

I finally got my MDRX SE back last week. The left charging handle pivot broke when it was being shipped back to me but they are sending me a replacement pivot to fix that. Past that the gun seems to be functioning and ejecting. The only slight issue is its slightly denting brass around the necks.

To get it functioning Desert tech said they replaced the bolt head with one with a larger ejector channel, installed a larger ejector spring and replaced the extractor buffer.
Disgruntled Bpfcom User

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2020, 06:59:11 PM »

Got the last part I needed to get my "2019 conversion" side-eject MDR(x?) up and running.  Might make a new thread with attached pics if I get to it by this weekend.
Urray
New Posting Member

« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2020, 02:53:38 AM »

Hello,

New to the forum, I read a ton of threads on here and ended up getting an MDRX in 6.5 CM. While it is heavy with a scope mounted up it doesn't feel like it once it's shouldered. I am having a bit of a struggle with the mag releases and was wondering if anyone has had any success with making them more friendly.

What I've tried:
- Oiling the sides of the buttons themselves.
- Oiling along the magazine release transfer bar wherever it touches the stock.
- Hundreds of reps on each mag release.

Results:
The rear mag release works great now. I can feel the right mag release getting a little bit easier to use but I still cannot activate it with one hand if a magazine is loaded in the gun. With both hands on the gun I can get enough leverage to work the release with my index finger otherwise I have to go for the thumb.

Anyone have any tips or getting the front releases working better?

Thanks much.
Luvthepups

« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2020, 07:39:13 AM »

I know how frustrating that is because i used to have the same problem. Since i've had mine it's been in for repairs at least twice one time it was completely my fault in which i broke the charging handle because i was trying to rack it back and i didn't see the spent brass between the ejection chute and the charging handle and using to much force i broke it. Long story short it came back from one of those repair trips with no mag release issues. Maybe they changed parts or geometry not sure but when i got it back i could press both sides with one finger send it in.
Disgruntled Bpfcom User

« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2020, 02:10:06 PM »

Take out your trigger pack and check underneath where the trigger pack was, there should be a spring coiled around the crossbar connected to your external mag catch bar.  Make sure that spring isn't damage/tangled/whatever and lubricate that, too.

My front mag release buttons were extremely stiff halfway through a button press until I snipped a short length of that crossbar spring off, it was hanging off of [the crossbar] for some reason
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 12:10:24 AM by Disgruntled Bpfcom User » Logged
Urray
New Posting Member

« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2020, 04:53:37 PM »

Thanks I pulled out the trigger pack and lubricated the spring there. It looks normal and now I'm able to sometimes get the magazine to release from the front with one finger though it's still not as smooth as I would like.

I'd like to try clipping the spring but I'm not sure how to remove that crossbar spring.

haaaake

« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2020, 12:04:06 AM »

I used a bit of Milcom tw25b on various parts of the mag release system throughout the lower receiver and just continued to use it and mine is easy to operate now. Mine was never insanely stiff but definitely got easier with more use. I am able to eject a fully loaded magazine no problem even on a closed bolt.

I would check to make sure your mag catch (the part that you install onto the catch mechanism that is caliber specific) is fully seated on the mechanism.
Disgruntled Bpfcom User

« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2020, 12:12:10 AM »

Agree, definitely check the mag catch bar, make sure it pops in and out of its seat with ease.  Other users have had issues with loaded mags not staying in the magwell if it doesn't seat properly.
JesseJames38

« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2020, 03:08:12 PM »

I'd like to try clipping the spring but I'm not sure how to remove that crossbar spring.

I wouldn't try clipping the hammer spring on the hammer pack.   I noticed when shooting surplus 7.62 Hirtenberger ammo from my MDR that I had a few light primer strikes where I needed to pull the charging hammer back just far enough to re cock the hammer.  After the second time the hammer dropped on the primer it fired.

Disgruntled Bpfcom User

« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2020, 05:22:55 PM »

I wouldn't try clipping the hammer spring on the hammer pack.   I noticed when shooting surplus 7.62 Hirtenberger ammo from my MDR that I had a few light primer strikes where I needed to pull the charging hammer back just far enough to re cock the hammer.  After the second time the hammer dropped on the primer it fired.

Wrong spring.  I'm not talking about touching anything inside the hammer/sear pack, I'm talking about the spring coiled around the mag catch crossbar underneath the entire pack.
Urray
New Posting Member

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2020, 12:24:58 AM »

Turns out I didn't need to clip it, just needs some reps and it gets a lot better.
FrozenIceman

« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2020, 04:49:02 PM »

<<Double Post>>?
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:50:52 AM by FrozenIceman » Logged
Disgruntled Bpfcom User

« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2020, 05:44:24 PM »

Really?  A Short Stroke bullpup rifle -with a compensator- with a 25% weight advantage has less recoil than an AR 15 -without a compensator- because stock?

Wrong thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length