Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2020, 07:12:32 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  Mepro mor reticle help
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Mepro mor reticle help  (Read 668 times)
DboyATL

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2020, 05:44:56 PM »

So with the 4.3 dot or bullseye do you ever have problems when the setting is “off” because on the 2.2 dot you literally cannot use unless your atleast on the 1 setting
l2a3

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2020, 11:14:20 AM »

Only when standing in a dark unlit area and looking out into a bright lit area.  If you have an adequate amount of illumination to use the fiber optic the reticle will  be visible against the bright target area. ie. Aiming in a dark room looking out a window into bright daylight you will not be able to see the dot or bullseye reticle, but turn on the overhead light and the reticle becomes visible. (Faintly to bright reticle visibility depending on the amount of overhead illumination provided.)

DboyATL

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2020, 03:53:02 PM »

So basically any reticle will be impossible to see no matter how big it is if your in the wrong light conditions. I still can’t decide on the 2.2 or 4.3 or triangle but I guess either one I go with wouldn’t be horrible as long as the optic is not broken like the one I sent back
l2a3

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2020, 09:27:02 PM »

And just to clarify the above is correct with the switch in the off position (full counter-clock wise to stop).  If the battery is used, switch moved to stops clockwise, you have a lit reticle adjusted to your needs by which stop you turn the switch to.

The H3 will cause the reticle to glow in the dark with no illumination. You run into problems when you are in that dark area and look into bright light. Low/non bright light allows you to see the reticle and target. My experience has been that it all depends on the illumination of/around the target. There is a certain level there which causes the reticle to be non visible until it receives more power (battery) or more illumination to the fiber optic when using the same target illumination.

I want to try the triangle and see if I can use the use top apex/point at the top for accuracy and hold on target mass for everything else, as others have claimed with M21 and ACOG chevron. Comparing the accuracy and speed to the 4.3 dot and the bullseye, to see which one is best for my use/needs/wants.

I hope I didn't confuse you with the wording.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 09:36:53 PM by l2a3 » Logged
DboyATL

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2020, 10:33:10 PM »

Yeah I was having problems seeing the reticle without using battery power in either a dark room or even in the sunlight i could be wrong by saying it was defective or broken but I thought tritium was supposed to be easily visible in like a pitch black room when it was not I thought maybe I was just crazy when I took it out of the box and looked through it until even my brother looked through it and confirmed that I should’ve been able to easily see it in the dark
DboyATL

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2020, 10:38:00 PM »

I think this time I might try out the 4.3 moa dot since it would be easier and faster to find when picking up the rifle and looking through the optic I don’t think covering 4 inches of a man size target at 100 yard would be that bad cuz that’s about as far as I would probably ever take a tavor up to anyways plus I live in Georgia so the chances of ever seeing more then 100 200 yards are pretty much impossible
l2a3

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2020, 10:52:34 AM »

I agree in that I think your H3 wasn't working in the sight. The 4.3 dot is good when shooting at circle targets (bullseyes) in that it is like 22 rifle match target practice, just leave an equal amount of target around your dot and you are centered. It is also large enough for quick point shooting.

Yea I know what you mean about distance, I am your neighbor over here in George Wallace country (Alabama). When I came  to Alabama from the living on the Great Salt Desert in Utah for 5 years, I had a bad case of being closed in and feeling uncomfortable.  Thank God for firebreaks where I could see more than 100 ft., at times the interstate seemed closed in for me to be comfortable. (I was use to seeing in excess of 20 miles and at times and I believe I could see  the earth curve on the horizon. You could see that far as there was nothing to block you view.)

I hope everything works out for you and enjoy your "Jewish hammer". They are a whole different way of life.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length