Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2020, 06:42:48 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI US Director of Sales and Marketing
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: IWI US Director of Sales and Marketing  (Read 1410 times)
DubageL

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2020, 08:00:40 AM »

I agree with BellatorInvictus. Yeah the photo should be changed, that may or may not be up to IWI/US. It may be up to IWI/Israel. Which unfortunately they do what they want, when they want, and that is not going to change. It’s the same as it was in the 1980’s when it was IMI Israel/Action Arms, Philadelphia. And it’s the exact same way for IWI/US today because it’s still the same guys, same factory, and mindset. I would be a little miffed too. I’ve been in his shoes, mine was a Steyr AUG in the 1980’s. I’ve also learned never rely on publicity photos, pre-production models being circulated, and if it’s not 100% what you wanted/ordered, do not take it. Because it will bother you till the end of time. If Jeremy G can fix it he will. The reality is it may be totally out of his control. It took the previous VP Mr. Kassnar almost a decade of pleading and working with IWI Israel to get the Tavor here and got them to open IWI US. I’ve gotten nothing but extremely descent feedback, it may not have been the answer I wanted or was looking for. Yeah I really wanted the round handguard and short top rail on the x95. Ain’t happening. Bought the individual SBR parts then a full kit came out and I had no short barrel or bolt. JG made good on it and got short barrels and bolts allocated to the individual parts purchasers so they didn’t have to cut their barrels or buy a whole new sbr kit. They’ve responded on information, help and even located parts, even for the old Legacy Galil’s and UZI which isn’t even part of their business. The tooling is no longer around and they are long since out of production with little to no spare parts left. Yet they got some and had on the website. The reality is what it is, IWI’s priorities are as follows: Support the Israeli military, foreign military contracts, foreign police contracts, civilian commercial export markets. IE, US civilian consumer. Which the last one requires jumping through hoops and modifying the weapons mechanically as well as having parts manufactured in the US. Not to mention having to comply with certain states stupid laws. If JG can swap the parts I’m sure he would. The reality is they probably don’t exist currently and if it was on a prototype or pre-production model, it was probably spray painted. If IWI/US can get it fixed I’m sure they will.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 08:41:30 AM by DubageL » Logged
jgresh

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2020, 03:10:57 PM »

When will the 18.5" T7 be available?

We are working with Israel to bring them in. No sure on the timeline, but late this year i think.
jgresh

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2020, 03:11:48 PM »

Is there any chance of an SBR conversion kit for the X95 in 300 Blackout? It makes me jealous to see the 5.56 folks having all the fun.

Hard to say, but very few things are completely off the table.
jgresh

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2020, 03:23:04 PM »

Well it sounds like I missed a lot.
targetshooter77

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2020, 01:57:19 PM »

you're doing fine.  just some goof with his period being a bit overzealous.  AKA a KEYBOARD COMMANDO.

feel free to ignore him, he hasnt done a thing to make my day, on the other hand YOU HAVE!

Juss me and my leetle frenz
Bubble Head

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2020, 05:14:01 PM »

Well, that info doesn't kill my hopes and that's good enough for me! As long as the possibility doesn't get completely ruled out. Thank you for being here. Grin

While I'm at it, I have another question. I know this may not be within your purview but do you know if IWI's armorers are back at work at this point? My Tavor was received in early March for a lefty conversion and I know some businesses are running on skeleton crews, so I can't help but be curious if there's any progress on customer jobbies.

Thanks again.
jgresh

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2020, 06:03:34 PM »

Well, that info doesn't kill my hopes and that's good enough for me! As long as the possibility doesn't get completely ruled out. Thank you for being here. Grin

While I'm at it, I have another question. I know this may not be within your purview but do you know if IWI's armorers are back at work at this point? My Tavor was received in early March for a lefty conversion and I know some businesses are running on skeleton crews, so I can't help but be curious if there's any progress on customer jobbies.

Thanks again.

We are open, but a small crew. The GS is in 2 times a week, but Iíll see what I can find out on Tuesday. DM your full name.
QB Too

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2020, 06:46:39 PM »

I called Customer Service Monday and they are doing LH conversions now.  I sent in 3 SARs and they said it would be 2-4 weeks.  I'm just glad to be able to get them done, my new range isn't opening until June/July anyway. 

I insure my guns so shipping all three were just under $200....bummer. At least I shipped myself and saved a bunch on FFL transfer fees since they will ship back to my house. I was ready to go to UPS (not close to my house) but stopped at the post office since there wasn't a line out the door.  No problem shipping Priority Mail which surprised me.

Can't wait to get them back and install a few accessories.
targetshooter77

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2020, 07:00:55 PM »

post office won't take pistols/revolvers, rifles are good.

Juss me and my leetle frenz
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length