Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 10, 2020, 01:18:03 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  Rhino rail vs. Keltec Mlok rail?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rhino rail vs. Keltec Mlok rail?  (Read 791 times)
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: April 29, 2020, 08:11:34 PM »

So I know the Lucky Irishman Rhino rail is pretty popular, but I see that Keltec is selling their own Mlok handguard on their site.

Does anyone here have experience with both and would care to share their opinions on which is better?
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 01:12:35 AM »

Oh yeah, I'm also thinking about the lucky Irishman Bolt release.
gunhand

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 03:14:44 PM »

I have no experience with the Lucky Irishman's rail, but I have the Kel-Tec and it's very solid piece of kit.
Sputnik90

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 07:04:19 PM »

I have no experience with the new Kel-Tec rail, but love my older LI Raptor rail.

I don't see that there's much reason to prefer one over the other.  Same price, just about, same number of M-LOK slots in the same places (compared to Rhino.  My Raptor is missing the top front ones, but looks cooler).  Neither is free-floating (can't be, by the design).  The Kel-Tec has more material at the top, near the charging handle.  I'm not sure whether or how that's a benefit.

Of course, Lucky Irishman is one of us....
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 04:28:24 AM »

I agree. Iím going to upgrade from the Raptor to the Rhino rail.
atxdiablo

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 08:51:47 PM »

Why upgrading? Is the weight about the same on them? With the RFB will the ejection port or gas adjustment be an issue with the rhino or lucky?
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 10:02:46 PM »

Why upgrading? Is the weight about the same on them? With the RFB will the ejection port or gas adjustment be an issue with the rhino or lucky?

They are for the RDB, so there isn't any issues with the ejection.
mfederico4484

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 11:06:00 AM »

I have both, and I feel that the Kel-Tec is easier for me to use.  The ability to take it on and off easier than the LI helps me mount tricky bits of MLOC as I tend to screw it up sometimes.  Also, the openings are easier for me to install heat shields for the forend in case I forget my gloves when shooting.  I can't fault the quality of LI rail as once it is in place it stays in place, the Kel Tec rail has some wobble to it.  The wobble is not terrible just maybe an mm or so but it would affect any Laser sighting system mounted on it.  I don't regret buying either system, I just find with the way I replace and test my accessories the Kel Tec one works better for me.  I did not have luck with the bolt release from LI or the getting the roll pin out to replace the trigger springer with the MCARBO one.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length