Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2020, 07:00:46 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  Tavor7
| | | |-+  Question about running suppressed and in single-shot.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Question about running suppressed and in single-shot.  (Read 249 times)
ronaldparkerj

« on: April 24, 2020, 12:56:27 PM »

So, I recently picked up a Tavor 7 and have very much been enjoying this rifle. I do have two concerns that I wondered if the community here have found solutions to or have also experienced.
1) any suggestions for mitigating getting gassed in the face when running suppressed? I use an Omega, but we'll have a Nomad soon.
2) are there any solutions for dealing with stuck cases when running single shot suppressed?
So far, I'm loving this thing. It's a very nice shooter and well-built rifle.

* 20200423_194905.jpg (5327.04 KB, 5312x2988 - viewed 39 times.)
Tactical_T

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 04:39:21 PM »

I have heard that those Omega suppressors are quiet at the expense of higher back pressure. I don't know about the Nomad. I hope it works out better for you. I'm eager to try out my OSS 762.

Manitcore Arms and Midwest Industries have produced ejection/gas port covers which block/reduce gas when running suppressed. I'm not sure if either one offers one for the Tavor 7 yet. You'll have to check with them.

boscoman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 07:57:58 PM »

They do not make a port cover for the 7. That might be a bit of challenge since they slide open & closed to make the rifle ambidextrous, and not sure if they could get to seal any better than they already do.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
JudCargile

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 04:38:07 AM »

The single shot problem is likely due to the use of it  in single shot mode is meant for subsonic ammo. Perhaps the brass is cooling a bit and resisting extraction.
JudCargile

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 04:40:15 AM »

I have seen people use gasket material under their rail and I am seriously considering that approach.
COBrien

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 02:54:08 PM »

I have seen people use gasket material under their rail and I am seriously considering that approach.

Is that on the T7? I'm having trouble visualizing how that would work.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length