Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 08, 2020, 03:55:58 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderators: kfeltenberger, Heathsrow)
| | |-+  MDR/ MDRX Scope mounts and Optics
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: MDR/ MDRX Scope mounts and Optics  (Read 1393 times)
mdewitt71
New Posting Member

« on: April 01, 2020, 09:20:23 AM »

New Guy here.....

Gonna get a 308 MDRX in FDE with my COVID $$$$  Grin

Would love to see some pics of scopes mounted and what mounts are being used.

I am leaning towards the Swampfox Arrowhead 1-10X or maybe the Kentucky Long Range 3-12X
or possibly a US Oprics TS-12X .
Will be used on range and for hunting.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 09:34:07 AM »

I havenít tried Swampfox but if the used market is any indication...a lot of people are offloading them quite fast.

US Optics TS series is a rebranded Chinese Discovery optic so be aware. You can get the same optic direct from Discovery for much less. Unfortunately US optics isnít what they used to be.
mdewitt71
New Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 09:45:47 AM »

I havenít tried Swampfox but if the used market is any indication...a lot of people are offloading them quite fast.

US Optics TS series is a rebranded Chinese Discovery optic so be aware. You can get the same optic direct from Discovery for much less. Unfortunately US optics isnít what they used to be.

I have several Swampfox optics... they are similar to Vortex and Primary Arms, not top tier but, not junk either.
I am also looking at the Shepherd 3-18 BRS as well.
I didnt know that about the US Optics and have used the 3-18 Discovery Optic, actually surprised in the turrets.

I like to test and play with different scopes and am not afraid of lower end brands if the quality is OK.... I am a tinkerer haha.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 12:26:08 PM »

Yeah all of US Optics TS series of optics are Chinese-Discovery made optics...which I get why they have done it...they need accessibility to the market...now US Optics still has awesome customer service and each of the TS scopes go through a thorough check.

If I was going to go lower tier optics...I would just get a Primary Arms...their customer service has always been top notch...100%...and quite honestly...they have provided better quality than my last 5 Trijicon products...
lafrance
^

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 01:38:01 PM »

Trijicons customer service sucks at best and their warranty is terrible.  I had a Tripower red dot that the electronic and tritium failed.  The Tripower has been discontinued and Trijicon offer a replacement MRO at a cost of more than I could purchase locally at retail.  PITIFUL customer service.   
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 01:47:14 PM »

Ah...the Tripower, the one ring to bind them all...I remember when they announced it almost 20 years ago and was really excited to get one.  Then there was delay after delay, and the final product never really lived up to the hype.  Shame, it had some cool concepts, but right now I think that any dot (red or green) with a solar panel is probably a better overall option (even if the Tripower was still in production).

I dealt with Trijicon exactly once and it soured me to the company. 

Kurt
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 02:51:18 PM »

Truth be told...Trijicon is out of date...their red dots suck...ACOGs are meh...the way they keep doing prisms is acient and  Europe/China has left them behind...there is zero reason why in 2020 I can't have edge to edge clarity on ACOGs...instead you still get edge clarity on the left side and distortion on the right because the way they angle the prism...its really annoying.

I still remember CS telling me a couple of years ago...just make sure you tap the turrets so they "set"...I was like...its not 1980s anymore...
coldboremiracle

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 04:28:05 PM »

New Guy here.....

Gonna get a 308 MDRX in FDE with my COVID $$$$  Grin

Would love to see some pics of scopes mounted and what mounts are being used.

I am leaning towards the Swampfox Arrowhead 1-10X or maybe the Kentucky Long Range 3-12X
or possibly a US Oprics TS-12X .
Will be used on range and for hunting.

I have used many different optics on my MDR, red dots, LPVO's and plain rifle scopes. Out of all of them I liked the USO TS20X, mainly because it was very clean and bright, with very repeatable turrets and a sweet reticle. The low power setting of 2X was perfect for inside 100 yards, and when illuminated it was almost like a 2X red dot. But then I could zoom it in to 20X and engage targets at 1200 yds.
Right now I have the TS6X on my MDR, and it is also an excellent option. Shooting MOA sized targets is easy and fast inside 500 yds.

The first shot, is worth all the rest.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 05:44:31 PM »

TS20X...interesting you'd pick that from all the others you've tested...

I heard good things about the TS20X...wish there was a tad more on the TS12X.
coldboremiracle

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 07:54:07 PM »

TS20X...interesting you'd pick that from all the others you've tested...
Probably because of my affinity for distance shooting. Im dont shoot much inside 200 yds, and if I do, its not with rifles.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2020, 08:18:03 PM »

I want to try their TS-12X...but not sure I want to risk it...I used a SR6s for a while and was a solid optic but that was built in California...
waveslayer
^

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2020, 08:31:17 PM »

I use at times a simple Burris XTR ii 2-10x44 . I used it past 1,000 no problem.

I also have EO Tech with a Magnifier. I just bought a NX8 2-20 to try out.. so I can report back on that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Sericus
^

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2020, 09:27:53 PM »

Surprised no one mentioned the Vortex Razor Gen 3 1-10, that's what I'm looking towards.

Also what mount height would be optimal for this and the MDR?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 10:35:13 PM by Sericus » Logged
FinnertysPiano

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2020, 09:55:15 AM »

Running a Vortex Viper PST II lpvo on mine with an ADM mount.

Obviously won't match an Eotech at reddotting, but still has near reddot capabilities for close up stuff at 1x while giving the option for some zoom.

Mount is fantastic, recommend it for any optic you may want to use. QD levers attach it firmly while being easy to remove and reattach when you want to.

* 20200729_204347.jpg (4118.39 KB, 4032x2268 - viewed 33 times.)
coldboremiracle

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2020, 02:55:42 PM »

Surprised no one mentioned the Vortex Razor Gen 3 1-10, that's what I'm looking towards.
I should have one of those pretty soon to test, looking forward to it, and I will share my findings.

Also, for those interested. I just finished up my thoughts on the USO TS8X which is another option at a lower-ish price point. The reticle is quite useful and matches my 6mm ARC close enough to use out to 1000.  You can read and see the pictures here: https://coldboremiracle.com/2020/07/29/us-optics-ts8x/

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2020, 02:41:00 PM »

Also, for those interested. I just finished up my thoughts on the USO TS8X which is another option at a lower-ish price point. The reticle is quite useful and matches my 6mm ARC close enough to use out to 1000.  You can read and see the pictures here: https://coldboremiracle.com/2020/07/29/us-optics-ts8x/

If they're really offering the Plumb reticle, then sign me up when I have the cash!  I think that's one of the most innovative reticles I've seen in ages.

Kurt
haaaake

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2020, 06:57:19 PM »

I will have a Razor GenIII 1-10x with a Scalarworks mount for my MDRX this Friday and will be able to test on Saturday.
Disgruntled Bpfcom User

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2020, 10:36:22 PM »

I will have a Razor GenIII 1-10x with a Scalarworks mount for my MDRX this Friday and will be able to test on Saturday.

Good luck!  What distance will you be looking at shooting?
Sericus
^

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2020, 11:19:20 PM »

Was supposed to have mine a month ago... Guess DT having hold ups. Will be running the RG3 in the Scalarworks LEAP as well. Probably 600 with 556 maybe 1000 with the 308 if it'll reach consistently. Definitely with the 6.5 if I get that conversion.

Really hoping to get a shipping notification soon. Then the long wait for the RG3 which Vortex said was 6+ months out.
tric24
New Posting Member

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2020, 01:15:02 PM »

What are your thoughts on the new Vortex UH-1 Gen 2 with the micro magnifier vs something like the Elcan
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length