Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2020, 03:10:46 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  Tavor7
| | | |-+  Just picked up the Tavor 7
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Just picked up the Tavor 7  (Read 390 times)
INV136
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: March 25, 2020, 12:04:12 AM »

I just picked up my Tavor 7. I read the reviews and decided to take a chance with this one. I had a Tavor SAR about 5 years ago that I absolutely hated. The trigger was too thin and had a 10 lb pull. Also, the top rail was way too low for my holosight and would have required a riser for me to get a good and proper cheek weld.

I got this Tavor 7 home and fortunately, the trigger is wider and nowhere near as heavy as the one that crap SAR trigger had. I put one of my Elcan Specter DR scopes (the 1.5 - 6X one) on the top rail and cheek weld is perfect. Now, I just need to replace the stock flash hider with my AAC Brake Out suppressor mount/muzzle brake, disassemble it, clean it, and get it to the range to test it out. The only thing I don't like is that it is marked Tavor SAR, instead of Tavor 7. It just reminds me of that Tavor SAR 5.56 that I want to forget.

Ugh!

« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 12:05:52 AM by INV136 » Logged
Tvfreakarms
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 12:51:11 AM »

Nice. I like my sar. They had their reasons for being a 10lb trigger. The sand over in the middle east.
Luckily for the aftermarket.

Let's some video of you shooting it

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

boscoman

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 09:27:44 AM »

The 7 is the best of the SAR & X95 together. Me, I still love my 5.56 SAR. I prefer it to my X95.

All the same, congrats on the purchase.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 10:05:59 AM »

Elcan or LPVO is the perfect addition to a Tavor...good job.
INV136
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 01:50:22 PM »

I knew that the lower portion of the hand guard came off, but, the instruction manual only said to push the foregrip button. It took me a while to figure out that the "button" has a trap door which rotated by pushing on one half of the "button," not the middle of the button, and the half swings inside under spring tension, thus releasing the lower hand guard/fore grip from the lower rail. Once I got that off, I put my light onto the lower rail. Because of the shelter in place order for my county, I'll have to see if the gun range is even open.

Tactical_T

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 09:41:50 PM »

Looks good...!!!  Getting a Manticore Arms butt pad may be a nice addition.

I have that same Elcan 1.5x/6x optic on a Scar 17 and like it. With the current pandemic going on, I'm gonna hold off on spending big money on a scope for my T7, but am leaning toward the Elcan 1x/4x. Another consideration would be the Trijicon 3.5x35 but we'll see.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 09:59:07 PM by Tactical_T » Logged
boscoman

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 09:21:34 AM »

I have the Elcan 1- 4x on my 7 & really like it. Have to admit that if had been available at the time I would have gone with the 1.5 - 6x.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
INV136
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 12:35:06 AM »

Looks good...!!!  Getting a Manticore Arms butt pad may be a nice addition.

I have that same Elcan 1.5x/6x optic on a Scar 17 and like it. With the current pandemic going on, I'm gonna hold off on spending big money on a scope for my T7, but am leaning toward the Elcan 1x/4x. Another consideration would be the Trijicon 3.5x35 but we'll see.

Yeah, I tried to order a Manticore Tavor 7 buttpad from the IWI website, but, I forgot my old password and they ask me to reset it and supposedly sent a reset link to my e-mail, but, it won't go through and the site won't let me place the order because my e-mail address is already listed as a registered user.   Angry Angry  Then I went to the Manticore site and of course they're out of stock.  Huh? I subscribed to be notified when they get more in.
Tactical_T

« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 09:48:57 AM »

The IWI USA website has them in stock and for cheaper with shipping. I ordered the buttpad and Magpul QD. They have an accessory page for the T7.

https://iwi.us/product/tavor-7-manticore-arms-curved-buttpad/
https://iwi.us/product-category/tavor-7-2/
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:55:07 AM by Tactical_T » Logged
MarkB

« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 03:13:42 PM »

Made your links active.

https://iwi.us/product/tavor-7-manticore-arms-curved-buttpad/

https://iwi.us/product-category/tavor-7-2/
MarkB

« Reply #10 on: Today at 09:20:40 AM »

I ordered the Manticore butt pad yesterday (Sunday) and IWI shipped it today (Monday).  IWI is in PA and I'm in DE so I should have it in 2-3 days.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length