Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2020, 04:18:06 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  My 14.5 inch barrel X95
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My 14.5 inch barrel X95  (Read 280 times)
rjhyland

« on: March 22, 2020, 04:55:33 PM »

I had been wanting to do this for quite a while and a little nervous about it I finally did it. I had my X95 cut to a 14.5 inch barrel and man I am thrilled how it came out.

The bummer is all the ranges around here are closed so I hadn't even shot it yet to report on that but I think it's going to be awesome.

Originally I was planning on sending the rifle off to ADCO until BellatorInvictus posted a picture of the botch job they did on his barrel and I quickly decided not to go that route. Thank you.

Looking around locally I found https://www.gunsmithsofliberty.com and gave them a call. I was impressed by their webpage and their shop and I don't usually give guys a shout out but from this day forward I won't use anyone else.

Right before the final pin and weld Jake called me. Jake told me that with the OSS break the fore end will be on the barrel permanently as the break will not go through the fore end to remove, the only way would be to cut off the fore end to remove it from the barrel and if I was good with that. I was good with that as I still had the original fore end if needed and I appreciated that phone call knowing what I had and what I was getting into.
Veteran owned and operated the customer service, phone updates, conversations and emails kept me informed and they made sure it was just how I wanted it. Top shelf.

When it came to a break and or flash hider they suggested one for a supressor because once it's pinned and welded you have what you have. I pondered it and thought
I had always wanted a supressor so I said lets do it. They ordered a OSS muzzle break that I wanted and waited until I got the final call "it's done".

When I went to pick it up it was just how I imagined it to be. I was thrilled. They said they fired it and it was good to go. Now I was really excited.

With the supressor I had never done the forums and Matt took care of almost everything from my account setup to final send off.  Matt made the process so easy for me I can't thank him enough. Going over the different OSS supressors in the shop on the PC I finally decided to go with the HX-QD 762 TI and I can't wait for that to get here. The wait is gonna suck!

I been to the range twice and both times they were closed because of the current situation going on as I wanted to do a range report but as of now all I can do is show pictures.

I had seen a lot of guys going with the 18" barrel and the flat butt plate to get that IWI Micro Tavor look. I went the other way and at 26 and a few 1000th's of an inch it turned out great.  Now my X95 looks more uniform with the short fore grip rather than having all that barrel sticking out.

One thing I noticed with the short fore end on the rifle is the barrel was recessed thinner than the rest of the barrel about 3/4 the way to the flash hider. In my thinking during heat build up this thinner section would not deal with heat as well as the thicker part of the barrel, just my guess. When I went to 14.5" it was cut right at that thinner section, like it was meant to be. Now that the thin barrel section is removed I can't wait to see if this reduces stringing when that barrel gets hot. In the 16.5 picture.
Again, a big shout out to the Gunsmithithsofliberty. If your on the fence on doing this give these guys a call.

* 16.5.jpg (410.25 KB, 750x1000 - viewed 59 times.)

* 14,5.jpg (450.57 KB, 750x1000 - viewed 51 times.)

* 14.5 and SAR.jpg (489.23 KB, 750x1000 - viewed 57 times.)

* pin.jpg (228.73 KB, 1000x563 - viewed 47 times.)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 09:03:56 PM by rjhyland » Logged
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 08:28:55 PM »

Nice setup!

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
mig1nc

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 06:26:17 PM »

That's pretty rad. Good job on the setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length