Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2020, 03:03:22 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  SARS With Flat Buttplate
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: SARS With Flat Buttplate  (Read 168 times)
QB Too

« on: March 21, 2020, 07:47:19 PM »

Below is a picture of my 18" SARS that I just got.  I installed a flat buttplate on the FDE and then took a picture of them side by side for comparison.  I've also installed a flat buttplate on the ODG rifle.  The product cuts the length by I guess an inch but still keeps the rifle the legal length.  It's made of a hard substance, not cushy like the rubber/original buttpad but it will do just fine.  I'm sure it's not as durable as the original and you do have to remove it entirely each time you want to access the bolt group, it doesn't swing down like the original.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 09:54:49 PM by QB Too » Logged
cciman

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 06:37:32 PM »

Thin butt pieces are fine if trying to decrease LOP, or for cosmetic appeal (anti- JLo)

BUTT (pun intended), it puts you face closer to the ejection port for those times you need to switch sides.

I tried a thinner pad for an IWI training weekend, and after some uncomfortable chin burns and abrasions, I decided that the thick OE butt offered less flesh for the the brass contact-- not 100% but much less than the thin ones.  Also if you have a nice enough thick beard it can offer some protection from the ejections.   BTW, I had one of those aftermarket forward brass deflector devices installed, and it may have helped some, but not enough.

One advantage of the Aug, is there is a substantial polymer brass deflector plate that can be snapped onto the stock to block brass from the face.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 06:46:33 PM by cciman » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length