Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2020, 07:45:05 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI US Question
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: IWI US Question  (Read 2016 times)
BellatorInvictus
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2020, 10:03:20 PM »

Yep, they're partially open.

Looks like Wolf reads Bullpup Forum, lol. He added FFLs to the list of essential businesses.

https://blog.princelaw.com/2020/03/24/pennsylvania-governor-wolf-backs-down-declares-gun-dealers-are-life-sustaining/

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
INV136
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2020, 10:14:18 PM »

Thanks for the info.  IWI is closed down for now per their state rules so I'd have to wait anyway.

Did they confirm this with you? They told me earlier this week that the shutdown wouldn't affect them.

Arms manufacturers are essential businesses in times of crisis.

EDIT: NEVERMIND. I just saw the announcement on their webpage. Ridiculous, because firearms are certainly a "life-sustaining business."

Looks like we're on our own. Time to put the Tavor toys away and get out the ARs. Guns with no parts readily available are useless to me in uncertain times.

Uh, that's one of the many reasons that I don't own just one pistol, rifle, or shotgun. You have extra parts for the AR15 but none for your Tavor? I don't either, but, that doesn't stop me from using my Tavor 7 if I was to need it. And I don't consider my Tavor a "toy." .308 compared to 5.56 AR15, I would consider my AR15 a "toy" before my .308 Tavor or .308 Galil ACE. But, that's just me.
BellatorInvictus
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2020, 10:58:52 PM »

Thanks for the info.  IWI is closed down for now per their state rules so I'd have to wait anyway.

Did they confirm this with you? They told me earlier this week that the shutdown wouldn't affect them.

Arms manufacturers are essential businesses in times of crisis.

EDIT: NEVERMIND. I just saw the announcement on their webpage. Ridiculous, because firearms are certainly a "life-sustaining business."

Looks like we're on our own. Time to put the Tavor toys away and get out the ARs. Guns with no parts readily available are useless to me in uncertain times.

Uh, that's one of the many reasons that I don't own just one pistol, rifle, or shotgun. You have extra parts for the AR15 but none for your Tavor? I don't either, but, that doesn't stop me from using my Tavor 7 if I was to need it. And I don't consider my Tavor a "toy." .308 compared to 5.56 AR15, I would consider my AR15 a "toy" before my .308 Tavor or .308 Galil ACE. But, that's just me.

Eh fair enough. Indeed, it's your responsibility to have extra parts on hand for any weapon system you own. ARs are king--you can find parts for them anywhere. The Tavor is much newer and is a niche firearm, so it's to be expected that parts are harder to find, especially now that the SAR has been discontinued.

The Tavor is certainly not a toy in the sense that it is a deadly weapon that soldiers around the globe entrust their lives to. For me, my Tavors are toys in the sense that they're something I value highly and don't want to risk damaging because they are relatively scarce. Break an AR--easy to replace. Break a Tavor--not so easy to replace, especially if the only company in the country making parts for it has been suddenly shut down due to politics.

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length