Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2020, 04:30:54 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderators: kfeltenberger, Heathsrow)
| | |-+  WTS: 3x Black MDR ( 2019s)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WTS: 3x Black MDR ( 2019s)  (Read 543 times)
Kenndapp
^

« on: March 17, 2020, 10:19:04 AM »

Like the title says... I have three MDRís for sale. They are all in varying good  conditions.....they are new, but fired. Very little use. the highest round count has around 2K. the lowest.... about 250 rounds. varying amounts of trips to and from desert tech.  Iím pretty sure all three except one have the latest updates and the one that does not has an RMA number and a shipping label out. You could have them for 80 to 90% of cost.  Or just show me an ad for the cheapest one you can find... and Iíll go cheaper.

However you wanna do it will be okay with me. Iím betting itís going to be PayPal and FFL addresses . Iím just done with MDRís and pups in general. Please email me.

Kendapp@live.com

-ken

kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 02:09:06 PM »

You'll be lucky to get $1500 for any of them, most likely $1300-$1400.  I wish you well.

Kurt
band1t0

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 11:20:10 PM »

This maybe a good time to sell, now that the coronapocalypse is here, guns in general are selling fast.
Box

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 01:34:21 AM »

$1,300-1,400?   Wow.

Thatís some serious early adopter pain.  DT seems to have zero gratitude for their beta testers.
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 08:19:21 AM »

It's what the market will pay. It isn't an issue of DT having gratitude or not, it's several years of incessant negativity even when the rifle worked that has soured the secondary market.  Also...if you've ever posted anything even the wee bit negative about the MDR...expect the buyer to find it and use it against you.

Kurt
KawiKing

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 12:02:16 PM »

It's what the market will pay. It isn't an issue of DT having gratitude or not, it's several years of incessant negativity even when the rifle worked that has soured the secondary market.  Also...if you've ever posted anything even the wee bit negative about the MDR...expect the buyer to find it and use it against you.

Pretty much this, honestly I have posted about weights compared to other bullpups which yes itís a pound to half a pound heavier and the next comment was about the owners being Mormon then oh do we have to wait a couple weeks to hear more. Itís annoying both first mdr has teething issues but after updates was flawless. Mdrx has never had a issue.

Back to the sale point I sold mine for 2200 with a trijicon optic that costs 900 new but isnít a highly wanted version so the 1500 area sounds possible but that was before the panic buying, op put in multiple sites with fast ship because stock of everything has dried up. I may know a guy who would buy a 556 depending on price, Iíll put him in touch. What state are you in, if az it would probably be a easy sale
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 12:43:35 PM by KawiKing » Logged
Kublah

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 01:43:51 PM »

Yes, what calibers and what state are you in?

As for the secondary market, unless you find a sucker, you're lucky to get better than 65% on a used firearm of any sort. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but if you want better, you're going to have to be lucky or patient.
Kublah

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2020, 11:58:50 AM »

This may help explain the pricing issues.

https://www.centerfireguns.com/desert-tech-dt-mdrx-sbb-bac-se-mdrx-556-rfl-16-blk-dtmdrxsbbbacse.html

I know you specifically listed in stock though. But this is a new rifle, of course 556 & SE, which is what I'm looking for, but they have more listed for a little off MSRP.
https://www.centerfireguns.com/brands/desert-tech.html

Good for my pocket book that the 556-SE is not in stock........
Kenndapp
^

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 09:22:44 AM »

Hi guys I just stopped in to say that I apologize for the lack of response I have been very busy taking care of several families during what our nation is going through currently.

I will email in response to all the offers giving. I realized I never truly name the price and I can see now that the figures being discussed in this thread or non-starters.

About 90% of cost for an MDR of known working order fresh back from a 2020 visit from desert tech is more than reasonable.

Open to discussing of course! I donít mean to cast a bad attitude! I will return here shortly and again... apologies friends !!! 

stay safe and God bless
KawiKing

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 03:21:07 PM »

I would agree if it werenít for the mdrx with new upgrades the mdr canít get for 500 less than the mdr and the discontinuation of the mdr production line. Silver lining is if you brake it they will probably have to replace with mdrx parts in the future with warranty !
Kenndapp
^

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2020, 08:31:48 PM »

Funny story. One is actually headed back for repair. Just happened. Iím pretty upset about it. Dropped it on a concrete basement floor while going over and boxing them up for you guys. This one just came back to me at the end 2019. It was good to go. I dont really want to share too much about it. I just want to get it repaired and sell it to one of you guys. Welp.... you will have new plastic I think.
KawiKing

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2020, 09:50:08 PM »

Hey, maybe they will use new polymer blend. I would assume they have very little old stock sitting around. Iím guessing the pistol grip came off? That seems to be the weak point
Kenndapp
^

« Reply #12 on: Today at 11:31:10 AM »

Yes. The pistol grip..... and the arm that links to the charging handle wing snapped  Sad
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length