Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2020, 02:50:33 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  New SARs On The Way
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New SARs On The Way  (Read 209 times)
QB Too

« on: March 16, 2020, 10:02:37 PM »

When the Tavor SAR came out I bought a couple of 16.5 inch.  Sold them and bought the X95 model.  Sold them and now I'm back in the Tavor SAR game with two 18" SARs on the way to me (a ODG and FDE).  18" was much easier to find in new condition at a reasonable price and since I'm putting the ultra think butt plate on them they are not much longer than the 16.5 version.

I prefer the SAR style so I thought I'd better buy some again before they are all gone.  I don't know why I am always drawn to discontinued or "no longer imported" guns...LOL.

Plans:
1) bought ultra thin buttplates which are on the way
2) will buy some ejection port covers....had Manticore before but may go with MI since they are less expensive and I don't need a QD in them and I'm not shooting suppressed
3) may buy the X95 trigger packs (other brands are too costly for me) - undecided on this since I don't shoot much and only at the range

I already have several different optics to try on them so don't foresee buying any.  I also have a couple of Urban ERT slings.  Not sure what else I'd need to buy.  I know there's other things I "could" buy like an MLOK handguard but I just can't think of anything else I need to buy for the type of shooting I do.

I still have to send them off to IWI for the left hand conversion.  I was thinking about the bolt and barrel kit ($449 at IWI) but wow....that's a lot of money compared to the conversion plus I'd have the original right hand bolt and barrel sitting around.  It would come in handy for resale (BITE MY TONGUE) I guess but with the conversion I'll have both bolts anyway.  

Once the rifles come in I'll post pictures and then range reports when I get time to go shoot.  My ODG will be here Thursday and it will probably be late next week when the FDE comes in.  

I'm retired now so I hope my gun churning days are over and I'll keep what's in my safe for a long time.  Excited about the SARs.  Any suggestions on what parts I may want to keep on hand (not sure if anything is prone to breaking or getting lost)?
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 09:59:54 AM »

Don't spend money on a cover...just use some gorilla tape...cut out the pattern and boom...done deal.

As far as trigger packs...take the SARs helper spring out...after about a 1000rds or so...the pack is very well broken in...honestly...I have zero desire to replace my worn in factory pack for a $300+ aftermarket setup...no need.

QB Too

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 01:26:32 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll query the helper spring removal posts.
rjhyland

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 09:03:50 PM »

Check out the Podium bipod. It's a good companion for the SAR.  Also, the X95 trigger pack not being to expensive is a good upgrade. I removed my secondary spring on my SAR but it was still not the trigger I wanted, it does make it better but try it and then you decide.

Congrats on retirement and your 2 new girls.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length