Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2020, 04:20:38 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  Pleasantly surprised by my RDB
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Pleasantly surprised by my RDB  (Read 126 times)
gunhand

« on: March 16, 2020, 11:46:07 AM »

I did a trade with a guy a few weeks ago for an RDB he said had less than 200 rounds through it. I amd and always will be a Steyr AUG fan, since I carried one for 18 years as a U.S. Customs Air Interdiction officer and Special Agent.

I finally got to take the RBD to the range yesterday. I had a SPARC II red dot optic in stock, so I mounted it on the RDB. I did purchase the Kel-Tec M-lok handguard for it, and installed an Inforce WML light.

Once I got it zeroed, I was first impressed by the trigger. Way better than it needs to be for a MOA (Minute Of Ambush) rifle. I started with Federal M855 62 grain green tip ammo and Magpul magazines. It was right on the money on man-size targets out to 400 yards from the standing off-hand position. I had zero failures.

I switched to mil-spec 55 grain ammo, and again zero failures. I fired approximately 600 rounds, and the RDB ran like a Swiss watch. My only concern it going to be it's long term durability. It will not replace any of my Steyr AUGs as a SHTF go-to rifle, but it so far has proven to be a reliable and accurate rifle.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length