Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2020, 03:39:52 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Replacing X95 trigger
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Replacing X95 trigger  (Read 513 times)
LGS

« on: March 08, 2020, 08:49:54 AM »

Is replacing the X95 trigger with the Gissele trigger bow worth it with out the Gissele trigger pack?
DyeF9

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 09:33:28 AM »

Yes, but the trigger pack makes it even nicer
rjhyland

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 10:57:11 AM »

Is replacing the X95 trigger with the Gissele trigger bow worth it with out the Gissele trigger pack?

It's defiantly is worth it as far as what you get for cost. I posted somewhere on here a while back as far as the value and if I remember, and I'm ball parking... putting in the trigger costs like $50 dollars per pound as far as what you get, as it drops it about 2 pounds. Adding the pack will drop it another 2 pounds at $150 dollars a pound. I'm happy with the X95 pack and G trigger, I have both on my X95 and SAR. Maybe somewhere down the road if I find a used G pack I may pick one up.

Adam, the IWI guy on Youtube shows trigger installs on the Tavors, He measures the triggers stock, with the G trigger and then with both G trigger and G pack and that's where I got my numbers. You can watch them if you want the exact pounds per cost. If money is no option then better is always better right.

I hope this helps. Oh, and the trigger install is super easy.
Good luck.
DyeF9

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 03:01:26 PM »

If you love having a light trigger the trigger pack from Giselle is what you want. I would say the lightning trigger bow is a worthwhile buy no matter what. Personally I didn't mind the Tavor trigger stock. It's fine. It is mushy and has a lot of take up and has a heavy break, but I don't actually get tired from pulling it like one of my buddies did. I put in the lightning bow first because I got it on sale for something like $60. That made the biggest difference to me. Took up almost all the slop ( had to leave a little because it wouldn't reset reliably otherwise) and made it feel much better. I ended up putting in the G-Pack when I found it for $220 just to see if it made much more of a difference. My buddy loves it. It is much nicer. Takes out the mush, cleaner sharper break, clean audible and tactile reset. I think it's nice, but I don't use my Tavor for precision shooting, so I don't feel like it's necessary. It's just nice to have.
LGS

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 07:44:28 PM »

Lowering the trigger pull a couple pounds will be good. I like a trigger weight around 5 pounds. If it takes out some of the mush that will be perfect.  Sounds like it will be close to my AR's I installed ALG ACT triggers in. Thanks guys you convinced me to change it.
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 12:34:04 AM »

The lightning bow takes out all the pre-travel or slack. It doesn't lighten the trigger pull at all. To reduce trigger pull weight you'll have to add the Super Sabra trigger pack. Mine breaks right at 4lbs and I love it.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
cciman

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 12:21:04 AM »

TRIGGER PACK ONLY
LIGHTENINGBOW NOT NEEDED ON X95, adds minimal:  SAR yes, x95 no.

The SAR has a spring hinged trigger that is improved by the LB (can also be modded without needing the LB).
In the x95, they took away the spring hinge by welding the same trigger into a single solid piece.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 11:12:30 PM by cciman » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length