Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2020, 03:49:49 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  300 yards
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 300 yards  (Read 440 times)
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: March 08, 2020, 12:42:53 AM »

No one is a bigger fan of the X95 than I and I've talked about the accuracy of this rifle a lot. So, here is yet another example of what this gun can do.

Today I went to the range early. When I got there the temp was about 40įF and there was a fairly steady wind from the west at about 5-7mph (just a guess). I wanted to see if I could get reasonable shots on target at 300 yards. Here is my second target:

It's the second because my first 5 shot group was off to the right; I didn't account for the wind. The partial circle you see there is 9" in diameter. I was holding about 2" to the left of the circle.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a good group.

X95
Magpul Bipod
Trijicon ACOG TA-31
Fiocci 55gr

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
AverageJo

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 09:55:38 AM »

No one is a bigger fan of the X95 than I and I've talked about the accuracy of this rifle a lot. So, here is yet another example of what this gun can do.

Today I went to the range early. When I got there the temp was about 40įF and there was a fairly steady wind from the west at about 5-7mph (just a guess). I wanted to see if I could get reasonable shots on target at 300 yards. Here is my second target:

It's the second because my first 5 shot group was off to the right; I didn't account for the wind. The partial circle you see there is 9" in diameter. I was holding about 2" to the left of the circle.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a good group.

X95
Magpul Bipod
Trijicon ACOG TA-31
Fiocci 55gr

Looking good. How do you love that ACOG? Isnít awesome for this application. I have it on mine as well and itís a perfect combination.
rjhyland

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 11:02:14 AM »

I had a buddy that would say "All you need is 9MOA".  I need to find me a 300 yard range, looking good.
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 08:17:58 PM »

Looking good. How do you love that ACOG? Isnít awesome for this application. I have it on mine as well and itís a perfect combination.
I absolutely love the ACOG. Mine is a little different though, it's a TA31i. Yes, it's a TA31 4x32, but it was made for the IDF and has this reticle in it:

The chevron allows more precise aiming and ultimately I like that better. Still, this one is very fast to use. The circle is 1mil and the BDC markings are in meters. This makes it a little challenging for ranging when I think in SAE measurements (yards), but it can be done.

I got this for three reasons. First, it's an ACOG and how can you go wrong with that? Second, it was inexpensive. I think I paid $550 for it. It doesn't have Tritium in it, but I don't really shoot in the dark anyway. Third, and most fun reason, it's an authentic IDF optic. It has "sniper scope" written in Hebrew on the side. Israeli gun, Israeli scope, that's just cool in my book.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length