Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 13, 2020, 04:14:15 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Ruger 1022 Bullpups
| | |-+  AKLYS ZK-22 (Moderator: Plinker)
| | | |-+  Looks like am late for the party...
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Looks like am late for the party...  (Read 3281 times)
One armed bandit
New Posting Member

« on: March 07, 2020, 11:47:07 PM »

Hey there,

Been a 10/22 fan only for a few years... because have been trying to reach beyond my grasp.

In other words... have the limited use of one hand... therefore been learning and building rimfire rifles... mostly for benchrest for the wife and myself.

Until... realizing the physical properties of the bullpup concept and the possibilities of the 10/22... my mind started to connect the dots seeing possibilities.

However.... being left-handed... limited my choices .

Thanks to Whistle Pig Barrel; ordered, received, and built an Aklys ZK-22 with a carbon tensioned 18.5 bull barrel threaded with a Kidd compensator.

My ultimate objective - steel plate challenge... one handed!
Plinker
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 11:28:12 PM »

Welcome to the party!

Throw up a picture of that beauty!  I've been meaning to pick up a WhistlePig barrel.  Just haven't gotten around to it, yet...

The next time you think everyone should be equal in outcome, read Kurt Vonnegut's "Harrison Bergeron".  If you don't fear that kind of world, please don't vote.
www.techparentz.com - Learn, Share, Teach.
One armed bandit
New Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 07:31:33 PM »

Welcome to the party!

Throw up a picture of that beauty!  I've been meaning to pick up a WhistlePig barrel.  Just haven't gotten around to it, yet...

Thanx for the response and interest.

One small clarification; ordered the stock from Whistle Pig (existing inventory).
The threaded barrel came from another gunsmith with a target chamber specified to facilitate live round extraction during live fire exercises. The receiver, trigger group, and bolt are all Ruger OEM parts.
The compensator came from Kidd Innovations.

Apologies in advance on the poor lighting - the barrel is an even flat black/carbon grey pattern throughout.
The little flash....

Click on pic for larger image.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 05:22:01 PM by One armed bandit » Logged
Plinker
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 10:17:42 PM »

That's a beautiful ZK!  Thank you for sharing it!

The next time you think everyone should be equal in outcome, read Kurt Vonnegut's "Harrison Bergeron".  If you don't fear that kind of world, please don't vote.
www.techparentz.com - Learn, Share, Teach.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length