Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2017, 02:43:21 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  RFB GAS SYSTEM ADJUST VIDEO
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RFB GAS SYSTEM ADJUST VIDEO  (Read 6473 times)
Ronmar

« on: December 07, 2012, 09:38:21 PM »

After describing the gas adjust process more times than I could count:) I decided to make an instructional video on how I do it.  

Enjoy

Ron

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5eD_C8J8Fkc

« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 09:45:54 PM by Ronmar » Logged
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 12:11:01 AM »

Made it hot!

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
Burt Gummer

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 12:03:16 AM »

Very nice video sir.

I am going to be running suppressed with an SDN6 all the time, so I'll just pull the gas plug and detent out and keep those at home.

Love the one round, bolt catch way of working it out - very good idea.
E6chevron

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 08:49:39 PM »

Ronmar,
Sgt_P

Thank you both for this video.  It was especially helpful, because of the explanation of how the gas adjustment system works, and what parts are involved.

After the rifle action is broken in, when using the same ammunition, would the gas vent/adjusting cap be looser/more clicks for a 24" Hunter than for an 18" Carbine?

I'm getting more comfortable with pointing myself towards the purchase of an RFB hunter.  For me, the bullpup in .308 Winchester caliber is the way to go.  I'd rather avoid the additional weight and bulk, reduced magazine capacity and the top ejection of a M14/M1A converted to the Rogue bullpup chassis.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 01:43:03 PM by E6chevron » Logged
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 10:37:56 PM »

After the rifle action is broken in, when using the same ammunition, would the gas vent/adjusting cap be looser/more clicks for a 24" Hunter than for an 18" Carbine?

I don't know...  My RFB is the 1st gen gas, and my Hunter is 2nd gen.  So I don't know if there is a difference when both rifles have the same gas system.  But I'd guess it would be minute differences.

The main difference in the two is that the longer barrel will give a few more FPS.

But unless you're shooting past 500 yds alot, I'd suggest the 18".  I love mine!!

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
Gustavs01

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 06:07:20 PM »

Thanks for the video, I just purchased my RFB and been having issues with the bolt not going the way back and jamming the spent cases in the chute, this helped me get a good idea how to mess with the gas system.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length