Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 25, 2020, 03:05:26 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  X95 SBR-ing advice
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: X95 SBR-ing advice  (Read 266 times)
cwc
^
New Posting Member

« on: February 07, 2020, 08:32:03 PM »

Hi, I'm excited to finally join the bullpup club! I just got an X95 in 300 BLK. I'd like to eventually SBR it. Looking for recommendations on a shop that is experienced with Tavors, to help me figure out how short it can go and chop it down for me. Would also love to see some pics of SBR Tavors and hear any advice you guys have. Thanks!
rjhyland

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 07:23:53 PM »

I am probably going to cut my barrel. I don't want to file any paperwork so I am thinking 14.5 or 13.7. As short as you can go I think is 13.
I read up on some forms and ADCO has cut chrome hammer forged barrels and I hadn't heard any of anyone complaining about problems and heard they do good work.

I called ADCO today to talk about it but they were closed.
Here is ADCO's webpage with the pricing on crowning, threading. pinning ect.

https://adcofirearms.com/products/gunsmithing/

Good luck.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 07:42:44 PM by rjhyland » Logged
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 09:11:04 PM »

Do NOT have ADCO chop your Tavor barrel.

I sent mine off to them for the 13" chop when I SBR'd my Micro last year. When I got it back, they had screwed up the threading, so I couldn't actually install the lock ring and flash hider (the lock ring didn't have any threads to hang onto). I ended up repairing it on my own lathe by making the barrel a little shorter and threading/re-crowning it myself, negating the money/reason I sent it to ADCO in the first place. I'll never buy anything from ADCO again.

Do yourself a favor: buy the SBR kit or just get a factory SBR. Keep your 16.5" barrel for when you decide you want to take the thing into another state without having to tell Big Brother (just make sure you pin the flash hider then or toss the fat buttpad back on it to get 26"). I wish I hadn't been cheap and had just bought the real SBR kit.

* IMG_0763.JPG (250.93 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 51 times.)

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
cwc
^
New Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 09:32:22 PM »

Okay...one vote against ADCO!

Im going to stick with the 300 BLK, and IWI is not currently offering an SBR kit in that caliber. Also, I kind of want to play the how stupid short can I go game. Thats the main thing Im trying to find...a shop that is knowledgeable enough to help me figure out how short I can take it and still have reliable functioning.
rjhyland

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 05:18:45 PM »

Good to see you fixed it.

Hows it shoot after cutting? Any noticeable changes? Flaking?

Also, did you need to do anything with your gas? The stock gas setting for a 14.5 should be good but asking. I seen a chart someplace of the gas port mm in the different barrel lengths but can't find it now. Good to know for the original posters 300 blk too since he is going as short as he can,

Talked with a gunsmith today who said he would do it so I'll break it down and drop it off tomorrow to go 14.5 with a pin and weld.

Thanks for the post.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 06:58:16 PM by rjhyland » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length