Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2020, 03:45:29 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  Tavor SAR build
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tavor SAR build  (Read 272 times)
Bluenote1985

« on: January 13, 2020, 12:00:25 AM »

Snatched up one of the last 16" SARs I could find in OD green when I heard IWI was going to discontinue it for the X95.

Always thought the SAR was prettier. Now that there are parts to solve the ergo issues, bad trigger, and gas-in-the-face, the only thing I envy the X95 owners is their mag release.

This is my "Hebrew Hammer"

Gear Head Works-  
  Full length razorback rail
  Folding charging handle
  Flex swivel (port cover)

Manticore Arms-
  Curved buttpad

Geissele- (expensive, but really MAKES the build. The ALG trigger in my AR feels gross by comparison)
  Trigger pack
  Lightning Bow

Fab Defense-
  Buis
  Podium bipod

Precision Armament-
  EFAB Hybrid muzzle device

RPM Precision- (loooong wait, but beautiful machining, and find me another tavor forend you can get a c-clamp grip on, one inch from the muzzle)
  XT Handguard (mlok)

Strike Industries-
  LINK curved foregrip

CGR-
  "Keeper of Israel" rail cover

« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 11:15:49 AM by Bluenote1985 » Logged
Bluenote1985

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 12:09:23 AM »

Showing the ergo of the handguard

And comparing OAL with my 14.5" AR

« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 04:10:44 AM by Bluenote1985 » Logged
DyeF9

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 08:38:53 AM »

Extremely similar to mine, except the raised rail and I like the  built in backup sights. I still want to install the flip forward charging handle.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 09:04:27 AM »

Having ran all Tavors…I prefer the SAR's mag release....

Nice build....
boscoman

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 10:05:23 AM »

Very nice. I still prefer the SAR to the X95. Much nicer ergonomics.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
Bluenote1985

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 12:36:02 PM »

The raised rail makes it a perfect cheek weld with AR height sights (and I presume optics, holding out for a trijicon accupoint 1x4)

The GHW charging handle is extremely well build, detent and ball/spring snaps to position and back with fervor. And in any lengthy firefight or competition you (hopefully) only need to use it once. One less thing to snag, I hated how proud and sloppy the factory one stood.

Also, the EFAB brake does an excellent job of breaking up the muzzle blast, so much so that my left index finger always rides the front of the foregrip, no discomfort or heat, and its much quieter than the A2 birdcage. Bit of a b**** to clean, but to be expected, and beats the added weight of a blast shield.

The mag release, with some practice, I've actually gotten pretty good with speed reloads using the back of my top thumb knuckle. Obviously its a very different manual of arms, and WILL require practice. But all my magpul mags drop free, and now I'm only a half second behind from my AR with its giant magwell and BAD lever

I am tempted, but at the same time TERRIFIED, to try to stipple the pistol grip. I have done so satisfactorily with all my poly frame pistols, but I will admit I s*** my pants on the USP, having sanded off, and lined out  the existing texture before creating my own.

Ironically that's the one that turned out the best.

Has anyone tried to stipple the SAR? Is there enough meat in that grip? I don't think I'd try it with my kushnapup, the plastic is so thin..

« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 01:03:38 PM by Bluenote1985 » Logged
racky
^

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2020, 04:47:17 PM »

If your worried about "Stippling" the SAR hand grip, why not just try the stick-on Talon grips, that way if you dont like'm you can just take it off
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2020, 07:48:25 PM »

Nice build. I love to see people make their guns their own.

I wouldn't stipple the grip. I have no issues with grip on this gun.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Bluenote1985

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 10:48:33 AM »

Tbh, I dont have any issues with the grip either, just looking for more ways to make it "my own" I guess. Saw one for sale on armslist with the grip and slide release stippled, and it looked pretty neat.

Not a fan of the razor grips, had the rubberized ones on my LC9 and they got gross fast. Removed, and took a chance with the woodburner, and much happier with the results. Maybe the sandpaper ones are better, but I still think they look like stickers. Which they are, lol
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length