Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2020, 04:48:57 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderators: kfeltenberger, Heathsrow)
| | |-+  New models of MDR “MDRX” and “MDR SE”
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: New models of MDR “MDRX” and “MDR SE”  (Read 1519 times)
reason

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2020, 04:40:15 AM »

I’d settle for upgraded polymer at cost...
KMcPheron

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2020, 06:10:00 AM »

They have taken care of their current customers.  I can't see them offering free upgrades to rifles that aren't broken and work.

I can understand them not giving out new rifles for old ones, but hell, let us at least get some trade in value towards a new model or something.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2020, 09:08:57 AM »

They have taken care of their current customers.  I can't see them offering free upgrades to rifles that aren't broken and work.

I can understand them not giving out new rifles for old ones, but hell, let us at least get some trade in value towards a new model or something.

That won't happen...DT has done what it needed to do to make the original beta MDRs run...but I would hope the old lowers meant for warranty repair will be replaced with the new updated ones...but something tells me that they will probably use up the brittle poly lowers first...

Either way...as a potentially late adopter down the road...I am happy to see that one of the biggest issues I saw when examining the MDR has been addressed...now if they could just delete the lame of rail gas block and move the gas system to a midlength position...I'd reaaaaallly consider one...
whiskey91lima
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2020, 12:58:36 PM »

Yeah, given the rename and marketing announcement, I doubt that DT will further upgrade or trade-in for Gen 1 MDRs. I mean, if you are an SRS-A1 owner, would you expect DT to trade-in or upgrade to A2 parts?
Kublah

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2020, 01:10:33 PM »

I called Desert Tech today to ask about the things listed in the video.

If anyone from desert tech finds this to be incorrect, please message me and I will update.

New Polymer Lower - Not available for sale at this time, if your lower is broken they would replace with this one.
New gas block - The new gas block is specifically for the new barrels
New Gas key - Also for the new barrels at this time but may be available at a later date as it is compatible with the previous barrels
Trigger pack - Again, not available at this time, no price yet. But should be available to purchase in the future, no price given.
Ejection Panel Seals - Not available yet, no price.

308 20" barrel is $559
6.5 20" barrel is also $559
                     The side eject is not available for 308 or 6.5 at this time
223 forward eject kit (barrel and conversion) $599
223 side eject kit (barrel and conversion) $544 (kit and barrel) and $149 for the panels
an interesting note about the forward eject vs side eject is the barrel extension is also different. So you would require the barrel, along with the kit ($544) and panels (149).
300blk is in 16" and only forward eject at this time, $599

No SBR options at thist time... my dream of the 10.5" 300blk continues to wait Smiley
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 02:04:51 PM by Kublah » Logged
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2020, 03:36:41 PM »

Thanks for that...

They had to completely redesign the barrel extension for side eject...didn't see that coming...looks like milking the masses for $$$ will continue...kind of really suck for the early adopters...seriously...sucky...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 03:38:30 PM by thehun » Logged
Kenndapp
^

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2020, 11:21:55 AM »

I get it. But We have 3 mdr’s with “not as good as” polymer. THATS NOT WHAT WE WERE TOLD WE BUYING. Infact the opposite is true. We told we were purchasing this NEW, improved, better than, enhanced, weapon of the future. We all put money down, we’re lied to for a few years then, finally while we all
Put PLACE HOLDERS in our safes....they actually came Through On The rifles. The rifles you DONT have. The rifles they are selling NOW. The rifles you now need to purchase a better than” improved duplicate of.

The polymer is what I am currently finding unacceptable. Unacceptable doesn’t do this justice.

How they handle this will decide market CONSEQUENCES, and probably DT’s future. 

How there is not a class action suit here is anyone’s guess.

Theft by deception. It a thing.

-ken

thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2020, 01:08:39 PM »

Oh the irony...so many of use were 100% bang on right all along on the MDR...you all remember that?

I was told many times to shut my mouth because I didn't own a MDR...little did some knew...I had more hands on knowledge on the MDR than actual owners did...

I guess in 2021 we will get all the proper gas system updates the platform despretaly needs in .308...it is fine in 5.56/300

« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 01:10:27 PM by thehun » Logged
whiskey91lima
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2020, 03:00:53 PM »

an interesting note about the forward eject vs side eject is the barrel extension is also different. So you would require the barrel, along with the kit ($544) and panels (149).

While this is annoying, this isn't surprising. A traditional extractor/ejector will be a different bolt design than the scissor eject.

Personally, I want a dust cover on the ejection port.

I guess in 2021 we will get all the proper gas system updates the platform despretaly needs in .308...it is fine in 5.56/300

The 308 needs the gas block to be further down the barrel like specktor762 made. They won't do that with the current handguard and gas block pic rail design.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 03:06:02 PM by whiskey91lima » Logged
Tinglyfeet9

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2020, 03:50:34 PM »

While this is annoying, this isn't surprising. A tradition extractor/ejector will be a different bolt design than the scissor eject.

Personally, I want a dust cover on the ejection port.

The 308 needs the gas block to be further down the barrel like specktor762 made. They won't do that with the current handguard and gas block pic rail design.

This is the big issue right here with the new release.  spector762 showed us all that there are actually a lot of serious FUNCTIONAL improvements that can easily be made to the MDR with a little know-how and budget.  DTA should be integrating these changes and the fact that they aren't is concerning.  We all know the 308 and especially 6.5CM need the gas port further out among other things.  I'm sure that is one of the other reasons we aren't seeing the side-ejecting 308s right away.

Also, Kenndapp is spot on.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2020, 04:04:41 PM »

I wouldn't want to shot a 6.5CR MDR with the stock gas block position...no way...
Kenndapp
^

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2020, 04:31:24 PM »

DT owes some people. Again, theft by deception is a crime.

Let’s give it a few weeks see how they treat us.

I don’t want to start the class action thread....but I’ll get behind it.

I just DO NOT see how we can be sold out like this. How dumb were we taken for? I’m not sure of our recourse as a large group. However I do know can’t collect a bunch of money off of large groups of people and bait and switch.
Doesn’t DT have a legal team??? They would have to right? How could they think the “better for real this time guys” MDR drop was going to sit with us that have been sending rifles back and forth for 5 years?

Keep in mind this still very emotionally charged for me. So dont take TOO seriously. However I can’t see myself leaving it like this and accepting it. Maybe a few years ago DT. Not now. Just saying.

I’m sure some of you out there would know how to proceed better than myself. Or the correct tact to take legally speaking. Again, I have no clue what needs to be done. All I know is that it cannot be allowed to stand like this. Unacceptable.

All DT mostl Likley understands right now is... customers are upset. And for DT, that is nothing new. So like I said. I’m going let it rest for a few weeks and see how they respond. I encourage anyone effected to reach out to DT and report back what you were told... and by who.

-ken

Modded again to state that I have sent out several emails to several departments at DT. I attempted to remain calm and clear in my words. I was upset and I’m sure it came off just as brash as it did here. I wrote nick young and he initially responded. That has dried up too. 2 days out on emils. I’m sure they are at SHOT hyping up the new totally awesome MDRX to their new market.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 04:32:06 PM by Kenndapp » Logged
RGSB

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2020, 04:33:04 PM »

Yeah, given the rename and marketing announcement, I doubt that DT will further upgrade or trade-in for Gen 1 MDRs. I mean, if you are an SRS-A1 owner, would you expect DT to trade-in or upgrade to A2 parts?
Exactly what I was thinking. Why would any company do that? If I buy an iPhone 6 and the 7 or whatever comes out next, Im not gonna call apple and ask for a 7 because I bought a 6. Much less file a class action suit because several of us bought 6's.
DH2
^

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2020, 11:31:21 PM »

Its nice to see there's an update. But it would be nice if they would satisfy the pre-orders they already have. Like the .223 group buy from this forum.
whiskey91lima
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2020, 03:44:30 AM »

Its nice to see there's an update. But it would be nice if they would satisfy the pre-orders they already have. Like the .223 group buy from this forum.

Agreed but that's probably an issue with SargentP, not DT. Depending on the size of the group order, a class action might be an option.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2020, 10:06:23 AM »

Yeah that is not on DT...that is on Sgt_P 100%
Kenndapp
^

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2020, 03:46:00 PM »

Here is the s*** sandwich.

Thank you for sharing the bullpup forum thread.
The MDRX is a new model. The MDR still maintains Desert Tech’s lifetime warranty and we intend to stand behind it 100%.
We will not be replacing the polymer part of the receiver on the MDR as it passed the military standard drop test. The polymer on the MDR is the proper polymer for the rifle, the new polymer on the MDRX is simply an improvement in strength,  the other changes are also improvements. Like most innovative companies, we are always looking to improve our product line. The MDRX is a result of that.
We may offer an upgraded MDRX parts kit to MDR owners for purchase, but it is unlikely to be in the very near future due to MDRX production demands.
We are currently very happy with both the MDR and MDRX’s performance, and future changes will likely be additional caliber offerings and accessories.

Chris Reynolds
Quality Engineer
801-975-7272 ext. 136

Passed the military drop test..... pfffft. You mean the time the ploy snapped like twig at the grip?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 03:47:32 PM by Kenndapp » Logged
RGSB

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2020, 04:06:28 PM »

Passed the military drop test..... pfffft. You mean the time the ploy snapped like twig at the grip?

So basically what we had already established; the MDR is what it is, the MDRX is slightly (arguably) better. No surprise.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2020, 06:39:13 PM »

DT  Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn

Exodus of Gen 1 MDRs being sold off will start soon as...

Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2020, 01:29:48 PM »

I'm glad I held off on buying an MDR at the time. This MDRXSE looks good. It's in side eject, which according to the video, makes like 7ish pounds, which is fantastic. It should also increase reliability. I will wait on user reviews before buying.

Also, laughing at the compliant model made for California and D.C.  Lol. If DC actually allows such a rifle to be purchased here, I will eat my hair. lol. I wouldn't even consider buying a pump shottie here in D.C. much less an assault rifle, regardless of whether or not it is in some sort of "compliant" configuration.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length