Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 15, 2020, 12:59:11 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  IWI Tavor TS12
| | |-+  Slugs
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Slugs  (Read 1698 times)
Bud

« on: December 23, 2019, 05:22:16 PM »

Has anyone found a slug that you can chamber 5 in a tube? So far Hornady and Winchester are a no go.

MadDogDan

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2019, 12:12:15 PM »

I have been using S&B as well as Fiocci and have been getting 5 in each tube.
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 02:54:34 PM »

Just picked up some Herters and can only fit in 4.

So far....

YES = S&B slug, Fiocchi slug, Federal 00 Buck, Winchester Slugger, PMC Double 00
NO = Herters (slug), Wichester, Hornady, Herters 9 shot Defense

Man >| |< that much more room and 5 would fit for everything. I wonder what they tested it with? What an oversight by IWI!
I hope they come up with a fix for this as most of the popular slugs and Defense rounds won't fit 5.

* herters.jpg (2720.02 KB, 3264x1836 - viewed 103 times.)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 04:09:36 PM by rjhyland » Logged

Track the liars down and then remove their crowns!
Zolkalf on PubG
TavorShooter
New Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 07:31:28 PM »

Just picked up some Herters and can only fit in 4.

So far....

YES = Sellier & Bellot, Fiocchi, Federal 00 Buck
NO = Herters (slug), Wichester, Hornady, Herters 9 shot Defense

Man >| |< that much more room and 5 would fit for everything. I wonder what they tested it with? What an oversight by IWI!
I hope they come up with a fix for this as most of the popular slugs and Defense rounds won't fit 5.

Which Federal 00 Buck are you able to get 5 in? I can only consistently get 4 of the LE132 and LE133 00 buck Flitecontrol loads. I can occasionally get lucky with 5 if the tolerance stacking of the shells is on the short side. Disappointing since this is my preferred HD shotgun load!
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 07:33:31 PM »

This box of 75 and just barely but I do get 5.
Yeah I agree not getting 5 with most shells is piss poor on IWI, For 2 years they been show boating 5 and when it becomes available ooops....only 4. SMH

* 00 Buck.jpg (2713.24 KB, 4000x3000 - viewed 113 times.)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 08:05:14 PM by rjhyland » Logged

Zolkalf on PubG
Bud

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 11:23:43 AM »

Got the Remington "Slugger" to load 5.

* Remington.jpg (2213.3 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 86 times.)
Dean762

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 02:57:26 AM »

This issue should at least be mentioned in the manual and it isn't unless I overlooked it.

Federal 127RS has been consistent with 5 for me. I haven't actually tested it at the range yet but its well over the 1200 FPS threshold at 1610 FPS so it should be fine.
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 04:07:03 PM »

Yep Slugger loads 5 and the PMC Double 00

* 5.jpg (787.51 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 92 times.)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 07:11:47 PM by rjhyland » Logged

Zolkalf on PubG
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2020, 03:33:58 PM »

I got my Shotty back from IWI today and NOW it loads 5 in each tube.
 Herters and Federal slugs are good to go!

The paper work said reworked magazine cap and test fired. The follower springs feel like they are a little more stout as well when you feed it.
Maybe the added poundage with the springs will help in pushing 1 into the chamber as was mentioned before.

Gonna be fun to run 16 as advertised.

Zolkalf on PubG
Bud

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2020, 10:38:53 AM »

The paper work said reworked magazine cap and test fired. The follower springs feel like they are a little more stout as well when you feed it.

Follow up with a range report!  Grin
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2020, 08:09:45 PM »

Sure, as soon as I can make it out.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 04:30:37 AM by rjhyland » Logged

Zolkalf on PubG
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2020, 04:50:03 PM »

Not sure how helpful this will be Bud, but today I took the TS12 out to the range.

I had Federal, Winchester and Herters slugs. Shot no Bucks shot. All tubes took 5 shells regardless of manufacturer.
I shot 45 slugs and in my sample of one, every shell chambered. I even loaded one in each tube several times to see if they would chamber and in this session they did.

In the first or second tube I shot I had one stove pipe with a Winchester slug, after that the next 35 ran with no problems.
If something out of the ordinary happens I'll post it but so far all is good and we will see after I get a hundred+ shells through it.

My only complaint so far is I don't like the way it sits/feels in my shoulder.  For me it feels like it sits high in my shoulder. If this had a Manticore Arms butt that would roll in to your shoulder.......Lights out! Perfect!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 07:23:04 AM by rjhyland » Logged

Zolkalf on PubG
bbies1973

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2020, 05:13:20 AM »

Because of the way a slug is "crimped", less polymer casing material is folded over the front of the shell. So, the overall loaded length can be longer, without causing issues in the chamber.

Anyone taken calipers to the shells to measure their actual length, yet? Anyone tried to stand the ones that don't load 5 next to ones that do on a flat surface for comparison?

If you haven't seen this vid, yet, it relates to this issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCsN-GsUiiY
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2020, 07:19:18 AM »

Because of the way a slug is "crimped", less polymer casing material is folded over the front of the shell. So, the overall loaded length can be longer, without causing issues in the chamber.

Anyone taken calipers to the shells to measure their actual length, yet? Anyone tried to stand the ones that don't load 5 next to ones that do on a flat surface for comparison?

If you haven't seen this vid, yet, it relates to this issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCsN-GsUiiY

Yep, seen the video. In another thread I think there are 3 of us now that sent our TS12's back to IWI. I just got mine back. Before going back to IWI i could not get 5 of those slugs I mentioned in my tubes, only 4, now I can fit 5. Coming back from IWI I gained about a Nickles thickness of more room in the tubes so now the shells fit.

Before sending it back we posted what slugs fit 5 (read above) and what did't because of what you said of the slugs being different lengths. Now, I don't need to worry about if the store has the right brand that can fit 5. Now all brands fit 5, or at least all the ones I tried.

13C should send his back to IWI so they can fix that for him.

Zolkalf on PubG
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length