Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 15, 2020, 12:23:44 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  IWI Tavor TS12
| | |-+  TS12 loading malfunction
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: TS12 loading malfunction  (Read 1047 times)
TavorShooter
New Posting Member

« on: December 18, 2019, 07:16:59 PM »

Hello, first post here. I made this account mainly to ask about an issue I'm having with my TS12.

When the bolt is locked open and I attempt to load a single shell via the auto loading feature, the shell gets stuck with part of it still in the magazine tube. This happens with all 3 tubes and with several different types of ammo. It only occurs when there is 1 shell in the magazine tube. With 2 or more the magazine spring tension is strong enough to push the shell all the way out to auto load it. Strangely, the problem improves if I tilt the gun muzzle up. The gun also seems to have no problem with loading a single shell onto the carrier with the bolt closed when I press the carrier release button.

I have about 250 rounds through the gun including 100 high brass buckshot. Functionally it has been around 95% reliable so far when shooting except for the auto load issue I described above. I understand this gun is supposed to have a break in period, but I feel that I should nearing the end of that by now.

When I called IWI they essentially told me this is normal, but that I could send it in if I would like. The representative seemed skeptical that they would actually find anything "wrong" with it if I send it back. They suggested rotating the tubes with more force, which hasn't helped at all.

Do any of your TS12s have this issue? Any ideas as far as remedies? Thanks in advance.
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 09:25:55 PM »

What do you mean by auto load feature? Rotating the tubes?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 09:30:47 PM by rjhyland » Logged

Track the liars down and then remove their crowns!
Zolkalf on PubG
TavorShooter
New Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 10:02:48 PM »

What do you mean by auto load feature? Rotating the tubes?

Yes, rotating the tubes with the bolt locked open. If I rotate to a tube with only one shell in it, half of the shell will still be stuck in the magazine tube.
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 04:26:47 PM »

I see. Wierd... On my first outing I don't think I tried just one shell per tube so that's something I'll definitely try. Right now I have some stuff going on but as soon as I can make it to the range I will try that. If I can't get there I might give it a go with some snapcaps. That should emmulate it.

At 250 rounds in  I think your break in period should be good.

Well good luck and keep us posted  and I'll give that a try when I can.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 06:38:19 PM by rjhyland » Logged

Zolkalf on PubG
TavorShooter
New Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 06:04:40 PM »

Update: fired another 250 rounds through the gun, mostly cheap Remington and Federal low brass birdshot. The issue with single round feeding still came up, although much less frequently than before. It happened maybe 10% of the time, compared to 30-50% of the time previously. I'm hoping this is just a break in issue that will resolve by itself as I shoot it. Other than that no malfunctions.

I'm really liking the shotgun so far. It's fast, soft recoiling, compact, and can hold 17 rounds total with a ghost loaded shell. As long as it's reliable, I think IWI has a winner here.
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 07:35:30 PM »

I had some time today and got out and it happened to me twice by loading one shell in. Engaging the tube release and jiggling the tubes a bit then made the shell go in so it wasn't stuck or anything and I didn't need to get in there with my fingers to free it so that was good.

I'm hoping it's a part of the break in period as things get worn in.

If it doesn't clear up after awhile I might take a little emery cloth and my handy dandy Dremel and give it a little polish where it might be getting hung up.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 05:25:35 PM by rjhyland » Logged

Zolkalf on PubG
Dean762

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 12:09:51 AM »

So far I have not had this issue although I have only put about 40 rds through it. When the bolt is open and I rotate a fresh tube the rd flies into the chamber perfectly.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length