Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2020, 07:05:19 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  IWI Tavor TS12
| | |-+  TS-12 for Lefties not available
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: TS-12 for Lefties not available  (Read 1121 times)
Landroverman
^

« on: December 10, 2019, 02:18:43 AM »

Sad to learn that IWI originally claimed that the TS-12 was ambidextrous but later had to recant that statement. The recently-updated description now states that it is not left-hand compatible. I can’t imagine why IWI would screw up the design of this new gun when they have made the entire Tavor line “Devil-Hand” friendly.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 07:55:22 AM »

Now you understand my frustration...and I love IWI...have a lot of their platforms...
boscoman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 09:12:34 AM »

Last I checked is what they said is that you can send the gun to them & they will convert for you.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
Landroverman
^

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 10:40:15 AM »

I called IWI just a few days ago. I spoke with customer service rep Owen, who said that the TS-12 cannot be converted to LH use. He indicated that IWI may build one in the future but no definite plans are in place as of now. Perhaps one of the companies that make aftermarket parts will come up with a solution.
boscoman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 01:27:17 PM »

Well, thanks for the update. A shame that they didn't plan ahead on this better.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 08:47:24 PM »

Last I checked is what they said is that you can send the gun to them & they will convert for you.

That is dumb...sorry...they are pulling the same crap as with the SAR...the SAR never suffers from a headspace issue from bolt to bolt (not in my experience).
MadDogDan

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2019, 06:41:19 PM »

I called IWI just a few days ago. I spoke with customer service rep Owen, who said that the TS-12 cannot be converted to LH use. He indicated that IWI may build one in the future but no definite plans are in place as of now. Perhaps one of the companies that make aftermarket parts will come up with a solution.

I talked with IWI customer service the other day and was told something completely different.  They said you will be able to return your TS12 for LH conversion as soon as they receive “Left Hand Bolts”.  When I asked when that would be he said hopefully some time in January.  I tore my TS12 down for inspection and it looks like the ejection port cover can definitely be switched from the left side to the right side indicating a LH Conversion, however it can’t be done by the user.  It looks like a special press is needed to secure it in place.

My User Manual also states “Must be returned to factory for Left Hand Conversion”.  This seems to confirm my conversation with IWI.

Until then I am shooting my Steyr AUG left handed and my TS12 right handed.  Not a hardship for me, just kind of goofy.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 06:44:03 PM by MadDogDan » Logged
boscoman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2019, 10:07:27 PM »

I talked with IWI customer service the other day and was told something completely different.  They said you will be able to return your TS12 for LH conversion as soon as they receive “Left Hand Bolts”.  When I asked when that would be he said hopefully some time in January.  I tore my TS12 down for inspection and it looks like the ejection port cover can definitely be switched from the left side to the right side indicating a LH Conversion, however it can’t be done by the user.  It looks like a special press is needed to secure it in place.

My User Manual also states “Must be returned to factory for Left Hand Conversion”.  This seems to confirm my conversation with IWI.

Until then I am shooting my Steyr AUG left handed and my TS12 right handed.  Not a hardship for me, just kind of goofy.

Ok, this is what I was initially told also.

As to parts getting here, I have been told that there was some delay because the ATF got backed up with paperwork from manufacturers trying to get their wares into the country in time for the Shot Show.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 10:12:52 PM by boscoman » Logged

bbies1973

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2020, 04:48:50 AM »

I could be mistaken, but I understood that when presenting the original prototype, IWI said the bolt, itself, was reversible.

Then, the weapon underwent some design changes to address certain reliability concerns. I have to assume, that during this whole process, the design of the bolt was changed to address some issue. The convenience of being able to simply reverse it was sacrificed in a trade for a larger issue of reliability. I'm okay with that.

So, they release a right handed, black bodied product that can satisfy 80% or so of the demand, and get that initial inflow of cash to offset the R&D cost that has gone into years of development of this product. Then, after the initial demand slows, the overhead costs of swapping components for other variations can be absorbed.

As both a lefty, and someone who really wants one in green - I wish I had it years ago when they first announced this project. However, I understand the business behind it, and will patiently wait for my turn.
Landroverman
^

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2020, 06:09:27 PM »

Let’s keep after the folks at IWI. I plan to call them again today. If no one inquires about left-hand conversion it may slip off their radar.
bbies1973

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2020, 04:44:53 AM »

Let’s keep after the folks at IWI. I plan to call them again today. If no one inquires about left-hand conversion it may slip off their radar.
I just inquired with them, again.
Landroverman
^

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2020, 02:38:13 PM »

Did they hold out any hope for a future conversion kit?
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length