Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2019, 11:46:30 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  Tavor7
| | | |-+  Anyone replace the factory T7 muzzle brake?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anyone replace the factory T7 muzzle brake?  (Read 229 times)
Tactical_T

« on: November 29, 2019, 02:38:06 PM »

I'm still waiting for IWI to release the T7 in OD Green.

For those that have removed the factory T7 muzzle brake and replaced it with a flash hider, I'm curious how much more felt recoil there was?

I'm also curious how much of a shoulder there is on the factory T7 barrel, as I plan to install an OSS flash hider?
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 03:19:59 PM »

I went with a PWS FSC30 Mod2 and it has cut recoil fairly well..the factory brake isn't all that whoppy whoop....

Recoil feels similar now to a SCAR 17...as the PWS FSC30 really equalizes over pressure really well ...I run PWS muzzle devices on all my guns...on 5.56...I run Triad Mod2.

Biggest question though...will you run a suppressor...because if so...you will be limited to that manufacturer's mounts.

For what it is worth...in a .308...I highly recommend comps/brakes over flash hiders...PWS FSC30 offers both...compensation with some flash hiding...
Tactical_T

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 03:31:49 PM »

Yeah, the factory brake does look pretty basic. I still have the PWS brake that I removed from my Scar 17, and they are regarded as top tier. Regardless, I'm 99% sure that I will replace the factory T7 brake with an OSS flash hider or OSS brake to accommodate my 762 OSS can.
boscoman

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 04:36:24 PM »

https://troyind.com/products/claymore-muzzle-brake-762

This is what I went with.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
Tactical_T

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 04:49:29 PM »

I remember when those evil-looking linear compensators came out. How does the recoil differ from the factory brake?
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 05:23:45 PM »

Yeah, the factory brake does look pretty basic. I still have the PWS brake that I removed from my Scar 17, and they are regarded as top tier. Regardless, I'm 99% sure that I will replace the factory T7 brake with an OSS flash hider or OSS brake to accommodate my 762 OSS can.

If you are going with a OSS Suppressor...well that limits what you can run...

From my experience...when not running a suppressor...PWS devices are really really hard to beat...
boscoman

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2019, 10:21:37 PM »

I remember when those evil-looking linear compensators came out. How does the recoil differ from the factory brake?

I honestly can't say. Got the rifle, ordered the compensator & installed it before I fired the rifle. I do like it though, & have one on my SAR & X95 also.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length