Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2020, 02:47:15 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  Tavor7
| | | |-+  Anyone replace the factory T7 muzzle brake?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anyone replace the factory T7 muzzle brake?  (Read 927 times)
Tactical_T

« on: November 29, 2019, 02:38:06 PM »

I'm still waiting for IWI to release the T7 in OD Green.

For those that have removed the factory T7 muzzle brake and replaced it with a flash hider, I'm curious how much more felt recoil there was?

I'm also curious how much of a shoulder there is on the factory T7 barrel, as I plan to install an OSS flash hider?
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 03:19:59 PM »

I went with a PWS FSC30 Mod2 and it has cut recoil fairly well..the factory brake isn't all that whoppy whoop....

Recoil feels similar now to a SCAR 17...as the PWS FSC30 really equalizes over pressure really well ...I run PWS muzzle devices on all my guns...on 5.56...I run Triad Mod2.

Biggest question though...will you run a suppressor...because if so...you will be limited to that manufacturer's mounts.

For what it is worth...in a .308...I highly recommend comps/brakes over flash hiders...PWS FSC30 offers both...compensation with some flash hiding...
Tactical_T

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 03:31:49 PM »

Yeah, the factory brake does look pretty basic. I still have the PWS brake that I removed from my Scar 17, and they are regarded as top tier. Regardless, I'm 99% sure that I will replace the factory T7 brake with an OSS flash hider or OSS brake to accommodate my 762 OSS can.
boscoman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 04:36:24 PM »

https://troyind.com/products/claymore-muzzle-brake-762

This is what I went with.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
Tactical_T

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 04:49:29 PM »

I remember when those evil-looking linear compensators came out. How does the recoil differ from the factory brake?
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 05:23:45 PM »

Yeah, the factory brake does look pretty basic. I still have the PWS brake that I removed from my Scar 17, and they are regarded as top tier. Regardless, I'm 99% sure that I will replace the factory T7 brake with an OSS flash hider or OSS brake to accommodate my 762 OSS can.

If you are going with a OSS Suppressor...well that limits what you can run...

From my experience...when not running a suppressor...PWS devices are really really hard to beat...
boscoman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2019, 10:21:37 PM »

I remember when those evil-looking linear compensators came out. How does the recoil differ from the factory brake?

I honestly can't say. Got the rifle, ordered the compensator & installed it before I fired the rifle. I do like it though, & have one on my SAR & X95 also.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
Dwill

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2019, 12:30:13 PM »

I used the Surefire SCAR 17 shoulder ring when I installed my muzzle device, but as far as diameter goes, itís nearly the same as the barrel, so Iíd say the factory barrel shoulder is big enough.  The only thing Iíd look at is making sure that the threading inside the muzzle device is long enough to prevent it from bottoming out on the barrel crown instead of the barrel shoulder if you donít reuse the jam nut.

My choice in muzzle devices is limited to the mounts for my suppressor.
INV136
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2020, 10:26:31 PM »

I just ordered a Tavor 7, what is the muzzle thread pitch on these? Is it the 5/8 X 24 or something proprietary to IWI?

Never mind. I found the answer in another thread. 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 10:41:13 PM by INV136 » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length