Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2019, 12:28:57 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  Offset red dot...left or right?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Offset red dot...left or right?  (Read 308 times)
tavor hollow

« on: November 28, 2019, 05:58:02 PM »

On my t7 i have a holosun 407 on midwest industries offset mount on the right side. Im righthanded, so when you use it you kick the gun over to left. I was getting ready to put it on right side just because i could, and i thought it might be nice to hear from others on how they felt. It seems like just dropping down might be as good as left side? Maybe not.
boscoman

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 12:35:08 PM »

If you put it on the left side it will be very uncomfortable to flip the gun to the right more than likely. I willing to bet it will feel much more natural to flip the gun to the left.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
tavor hollow

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 03:55:38 PM »

I havent moved it yet but i started thinking if im already on the right side i would just have to slip down....i was acting like a southpaw but my non dominant eye made it less than friendly.
boscoman

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 04:34:05 PM »

So you are right had, left eye dominant? Same here. I shoot rifle with my right eye & handgun with my left. Too uncomfortable shooting a rifle left handed & to much to manipulate to bother.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

tavor hollow

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 11:44:04 AM »

No just righty righty. Eyes sure arent getting better with age. You probably already learned it but pistol right handed you can tilt sight over to left eye with slight movement and sight is presented to dominant eye. Just for fun sometimes i take 2 red dot pistols and work on both eyes independently. Just to mess with the brain.
boscoman

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 01:34:49 PM »

Yeah, not much for the tilting method. tried it for a while, but am so used to normal grip with slight adjustment that it just works for me.
As to the age issue, Mother Nature & Father time can kiss my ass. My arms have simple become to short to see my sights as clearly as years ago.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length