Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2019, 03:39:18 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  IWI Tavor TS12
| | |-+  SHIPPING!!!!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: SHIPPING!!!!  (Read 777 times)
Tommydogg

« on: November 03, 2019, 02:59:16 PM »

I just saw on the IWI US  Book Of Face page that the TS12 is shipping! 
Police Marksman
^

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 04:27:12 PM »

I was told by a distributor that I should have my TS12 by the end of next week!
Tommydogg

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 06:11:57 PM »

I was told by a distributor that I should have my TS12 by the end of next week!

POA?
xyzaxis
New Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 02:48:43 PM »

IWI US has finally posted the TS12's manual in PDF format: https://iwi.us/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/08.011.19.01.00-Shotgun-June-11-2018.pdf

It's happening, it's finally happening! I have something to believe in again
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 03:50:10 PM »

So did IWI change the ambi ejection:

Note: Tavor TS12 is only available in BLACK, and is not left-hand convertible.

Police Marksman
^

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 09:42:14 AM »

So did IWI change the ambi ejection:

Note: Tavor TS12 is only available in BLACK, and is not left-hand convertible.

On page 49 of the manual it discusses converting from right to left handed firing.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2019, 10:44:34 AM »

Yeah but their website has it in bold...so...
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2019, 12:35:57 PM »

Confirmed by my IWI source...it is NOT left hand convertible...big let down...this...IWI screwed up...
Police Marksman
^

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2019, 03:29:02 PM »

Confirmed by my IWI source...it is NOT left hand convertible...big let down...this...IWI screwed up...

Does't mean a lot to me.  I am right handed and would not ever convert my TS12 to fire left handed.  I am more interested whether the TS12 will reliably operate firing  low recoil buckshot.  My department is issued Federal Flightcontrol 9 pellet 00 buckshot at 1,145 fps.   The TS12 manual advised that the TS12 might not be reliable with rounds firing under 1,250 fps.
Police Marksman
^

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2019, 03:56:58 PM »

Was advised that for reliability issues it was decided not to go for easily converting the TS12 shotgun from right to left firing.   Was told that if you want a right handed TS12 converted to left hand shooting it can be returned to the factory where it can be converted.

The TS12 manual on IWI website has also been updated to the new production model.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 04:22:03 PM by Police Marksman » Logged
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2019, 06:03:53 PM »

That is besides the point whether it matters to you or not....

What matters is that...IWI deviated from the original design and what was pushed at Shot the last two years regarding the TS12.

I am a IWI nut...but they royally screwed this up by not sticking to their original claims...in all honesty...they should have just scrapped it...

They did so well with the T7 and then release a half complete TS12...

What is EVEN more frustrating...is that they kept this change hush hush until it was released...terrible...
Police Marksman
^

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2019, 06:59:30 PM »

I understand what you are saying and I am a little disappointed also.  IWI advised that to make the TS12 easily convertible from right to left hand firing, they would have to make certain cuts on the bolt.  These cuts on  the bolt made the TS12 less reliable.   I would rather have the TS12 more reliable than being able to easily convert it. 
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2019, 09:06:12 PM »

Meh...powerhouse that IWI is...they shouldnt have omitted it and figure it out...its not acceptable to me that they have done this...hence I won't buy it now...
MadDogDan

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2019, 09:53:44 PM »

Not true, Confirmed by IWI that it IS convertible to left hand “when left hand bolts are available”.  I am left handed but was not about to pass it up when my local shop got 21 in on a Thursday and sold 20 by Friday.  I was lucky to snag the last one.  Before I left the gun shop I called IWI and confirmed they will have left hand bolts by the end of December.  Even if they are late on delivering they WILL be Manufacturing left hand bolts in the future.  After completely tearing mine down I have determined they were NEVER designed to be converted by the consumer.  A left handed bolt is not ALL that is required to convert it.  Once IWI has left hand bolts you will be able to send in your TS12 for conversion.
Police Marksman
^

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2019, 10:43:31 PM »

Back in July IWI was advising that you would have to purchase a right or left eject TS12, that you cannot easily convert them.  See Jeremy Gresham from IWI at 7:50 in the below video from Triggercon in July.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mqHOzZ7no8&t=514s
Tommydogg

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2019, 02:37:36 PM »

I placed a TS12 on pre order in March of 2018, my source does not have them yet, they said they are going out in small batches to the US.  I was one of the first to pre order, so I'm hoping to see mine soon!  Sounds lind of like the way CZ distributes a new product.
semper paratus
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2019, 06:56:52 PM »

I was going to get one of these but ended up getting something else.  Took it to work and fired slugs, reduced recoil slugs, OO buck, reduced recoil buck and #1 buck with zero problems - very happy and at half the cost.  my concern with the T12 is reloading time - 3-5 rd tubes or 10 rd mags, also mags give you a better choice of ammo options and change out
MadDogDan

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2019, 07:19:24 PM »

Back in July IWI was advising that you would have to purchase a right or left eject TS12, that you cannot easily convert them.  See Jeremy Gresham from IWI at 7:50 in the below video from Triggercon in July.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mqHOzZ7no8&t=514s

I talked with IWI just a few days ago and they told me that the consumer will be able to send in their right hand models for left hand conversion.  The hold up is that they do not have left hand bolts yet and probably will not have them until the end of December.

My Owners Manual specifically states “must be sent to IWI conversion to left hand operation”. I doubt they would have printed that in the manual if they never intended to make the conversions available.
Police Marksman
^

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2019, 12:04:22 PM »

Yes, they are not easily converted from right to left firing, you have to send the shotgun back to IWI to have a conversion.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length